Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stray cat with broken leg

Options
  • 12-02-2010 6:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help. Me and my OH were just locking up for the night/morning when we spotted a cat in our garden that appeared to have a broken leg. It was looking for food and obviously hungry and no doubt in pain. Being cat lovers (have four of our own) we decided to try do something but the second we opened the door it fled. We're totally at a loss as what to do. It's a cat i've seen around before, i'm pretty sure it's stray, very frightened around humans. I don't know where it's gone, we went out looking straight after it ran away. We just can't stand the idea of it being in pain, poor thing.

Any ideas on how we might catch it to get it to a vet, without causing it more distress I mean.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

If you get onto your local SPCA or animal welfare group, they should be able to lend you a cat trap.

You can set it in your back garden with some food in it, and when the cat goes in the door will close so you can transport it to the vet. It may become a bit panicked when the door closes, so have a blanket/larget towel on hand - if you cover the cage completely it should calm the cat down.

Hope you can catch it - the poor thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭JKM

Thanks for your reply. I've just rang me local spca but got voicemail. I left a message anyway, hopefully they'll get back to me ASAP. It didn't come back into the garden last night even though we left food out. It's horrible thinking about the poor cat in pain and probably hungry as well. I'll let ye know how we get on. Thanks again.

Advertisement