Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Food / Deli Before Ferry.

Options
  • 12-02-2010 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,

I have a 7:30 check in at Dublin Port and will be putting some damn E85 Bioethanol in my car at Maxol on Richmond Road who do not have hot food(as per Maxol website).

Not being a dub' and not knowing that part of Dublin all too well. Does anybody have any suggestions for something(other than my thread on McDonalds Kylemore road)?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

There's a hugh Statoil in Dublin Port, looks after all the hungry truckers. It's on the way through to the boat you can't miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

trad wrote: »
    There's a hugh Statoil in Dublin Port, looks after all the hungry truckers. It's on the way through to the boat you can't miss it.
    Now Topaz. ;)

OP - as trad has said, there's a huge filling station on Bond Drive (probably the biggest in the country). It won 'forecourt of the year' last year. It has a full deli and a proper restaurant upstairs called The Gateway.

Topaz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Here's a closer image of it. As you can see, it's very much geared towards truck drivers but there is parking and refueling for cars on the righthand section of it.

TopazDetail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Cheers wishbone. I found it yesterday on Google Earth myself. 2 days ago Google updated the imagery of Dublin & Limerick which made the Dublin port extremely clear except for the mysterious warped effect at Terminal 1 where a ferry should be visible but obviously the owner/operator wanted the image removed. Strange. :confused:

That TOPAZ is slap bang right in front of me as I head towards the port. Handy is an understatement!

Although I do have club class on the fast craft I don't fancy the hard rolls and other pastries. I want a greasy sausage and egg sandwhich or something to get me going for the day. :D

Advertisement