Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Society-Zombie Film

• 12-02-2010 10:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    Since Zombies films are easy to make, good fun to do and very cheap, i've decided that it's the best way for the society to move forward. We'll need everything for this film, actors, cameramen, sound engineers, light people, make up artists, props, editors, sfx, logistics and as many extras as possible. But most importantly, we need a script!
    I don't expect many of you to know how to write a proper script, but that doesn't matter, we just need a basic story (and i mean basic), it'd be easiest to shoot on campus, and it'd be great fun to have a huge amount of students participating, so write the story for on campus. Don't be afraid to write guns into the script, i'm sure we can gather very real looking weapons, either from Airsoft Soc or borrow from friends and family, but explosions are tricky and look terrible when done with crappy cgi.
    As the CEO, i feel i shouldn't do much in the making of the film, i'll just assign people to roles of their choosing, and no, everyone can't direct, but in the effort of fairness maybe 2 or 3 people could direct different sections of the script, also people can take turns shooting with the camera or using sound equip etc.
    We should shoot on a weekend, saturday and sunday, or across the midterm, as campus will be empty and there'll be less disruption to students while we're filming.

So get writing guys, any form of story is acceptable, even bullet points, perhaps post your ideas to this thread, and others can comment and build on your original ideas, write as many characters as you like, as i doubt we'll have a shortage of volounteers.

Ciarán Dowling
    CEO FilmSoc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

http://celtx.com/overview.html

Might be of some use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Deanobeano2

Hey as a group project we were thinking of making a zombie drama called 8 semesters later, but we changed our minds. So I think this is a great opp to do it. 8 Semesters Later Followed a group of students in college and over the four years that they were in college a zombie outbreak happened and over the 8 semesters time period the outbreak got larger and larger, eventually ending in a massive zombie attack at the end of the 8th semester.

If you want to read a good zombie book that will give you a load off ideas, look for "World War Z" by max brooks.

Also I enjoy editing So I can give you some of my services. Just email me on
    B00026534@student.itb.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Thanks dean, i could edit myself, but i don't like it very much, have you got your own machine? can it handle hd footage? at 720i
    I'm not aware of any good media pc's in the college, but that's just me, anyone doing multimedia?

Also, i'd like to stay out of the creative process for this, i'll sort out all the technical and organisational issues, it's your story guys, and you'll make it, i'll just help. So get writing, Paul from photosoc is workin on a script at the moment, but his ideas are similar to kevin smith, so zombies are just the cheaper alternative, we can shoot any film or style, so write what you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Deanobeano2

Ye the creative digital media lab in f036 have final cut pro and they are able to handle HD, but only creative digital media students can access these computers as they are on a different server. But I and any second or first year Creative Digital Media students can access them.

Brilliant deano, you're our editor, i'm gonna set up at the desk in the canteen next week to get members sign in a registers, and we'll be seeking funding next week aswell, to see how much we can, but the more payed members we have, the more funding we'll get, which means better props, equipment and maybe even a breakfast roll for all the crew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

Xios wrote: »
    Brilliant deano, you're our editor, i'm gonna set up at the desk in the canteen next week to get members sign in a registers, and we'll be seeking funding next week aswell, to see how much we can, but the more payed members we have, the more funding we'll get, which means better props, equipment and maybe even a breakfast roll for all the crew.

Have a plot summary done up decided to go for a cross between I am legend, The Breakfast Club and Alien (without the mega effects)with the scope for some dark comedy and razor sharp dialogue... (Ala Kevin Smith)

Plot Outline

A Group of students are in a College Computer Lab working on a Mid- term Project. They allude to the fact that the world may be on the brink of nuclear war as tensions between Iran and the US escalate. There is a dynamic between the students, Joe: the strong confident leader is having women trouble namely Kate the selfish me me me type who thinks a womens place is in her fella's wallet. Then there is Paul: the Joker, always quick with a wise crack but beneath is a complex emotional struggle to be accepted. Jim: The Mature Student who just wants to get his work done in peace. And finally Steo the slacker who's been given the choice come in for the mid-term project or get out of college, when the bombs start to fall Steo worries about the Morroccan Cannabis Crop being destroyed! Finally Nigel: the Nerdy introvert with an unhealthy obsession with Anime and a mine of seemingly useless information.It is Nigel who announces out of nowhere that Iran has just Nuked New York and Washinghton D.C. Soon followed by London, Manchester and Birmingham. The lads are a bit freaked out by this but don't see the relevance of this to them until Nigel informs them that a “Stray Missile” Trajectory looks like its going to overshoot Liverpool by 170 miles and should impact somewhere in the Irish Midlands in less than 10 mins. Panic ensues as the protaganists go through an emotional roller-coaster before eventually getting their act together just in time to botch together a DIY Nuclear shelter in the Lab .For the indefinate future they are trapped together in the dark and stuffy room. Soon
    relationships start to build and breakdown and other relationships begin. The power struggle between Mature Jim and Popular Joe reaches unbearable and Nigel decides he's had enough and decides to brave the fall-out to search for supplies and/or survivors. He returns empty handed but tells a story of the outside world that has devistating affect on the group as hope seems lost. And Nigel seems to have been “Altered” by the fall-out.-this first materialises itself as he seems to have gained more confidence around theothers even flirting with Kate much to Joes annoyance- but soon more sinister changes begin to affect Nigel. Eventually the guy's decide that the are going to have to leave the lab and at least try to find a way to communicate with the outside world, It is Nigels Idea to head to the Comms Room as he believes he can botch together a Network connection that will allow them to communicate with the outside world bespite the EMP from the blast has taken down all electricity on campus. It is on the way to the comms room that Nigel takes his first victim -Jim the mature student stops to use the bathroom Nigel makes an excuse and doubles back to catch him in the bathroom where he dispatches him bloodily. Joe , Paul and Kate reach the Comms room and are waiting for Nerdy Nigel, But wheres Steo? Nigel arrives wearing jim's clothes which no- body notices such is the lack of attention that they pay to there Nerdy Co- Student .In the comms room Nigel's true intentions are revealed there are body's piled all over the place, they all seem to be missing the top of their heads and their BRAINS! Before the three can react they have been tied up with multiple CAT 5 Cables and are helpless. Joe and Kate watch on in Horror as Nigel butchers Paul and eats his brain... it seams their fate is sealed however Steo .... remember him.. returns from smoking a Bong somwhere just in time to save the day sacrificing his life in the process of killing the Nigel-Mutant. The movie ends with Joe Telling Kate that they could be the last 2 human beings alive, Kate takes his hand places it on her stomach and says actually theres 3 of us.

Characters

Students

Joe.........................................The confident popular leader

Kate.......................................Joe's On/Off Girlfriend

Jim.........................................The “Mature” One wants to Lead

Steo........................................The Slacker/Stoner doesn't care who's in charge just wants to get high

Nigel.......................................The NERD / Mutant

Paul.........................................The Joker friend and ally of Joe

Was talking to a couple of guy's/girls from college today who are very interested in acting in this. one is absolutely perfect for Kate and another who IS Nigel!!!(hope I'm not stepping on any toes here ) I just figured it would be easier to write with people in mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭donfarrell

Have a plot summary done up decided to go for a cross between I am legend, The Breakfast Club and Alien (without the mega effects)with the scope for some dark comedy and razor sharp dialogue... (Ala Kevin Smith)

Plot Outline

A Group of students are in a College Computer Lab working on a Mid- term Project. They allude to the fact that the world may be on the brink of nuclear war as tensions between Iran and the US escalate. There is a dynamic between the students, Joe: the strong confident leader is having women trouble namely Kate the selfish me me me type who thinks a womens place is in her fella's wallet. Then there is Paul: the Joker, always quick with a wise crack but beneath is a complex emotional struggle to be accepted. Jim: The Mature Student who just wants to get his work done in peace. And finally Steo the slacker who's been given the choice come in for the mid-term project or get out of college, when the bombs start to fall Steo worries about the Morroccan Cannabis Crop being destroyed! Finally Nigel: the Nerdy introvert with an unhealthy obsession with Anime and a mine of seemingly useless information.It is Nigel who announces out of nowhere that Iran has just Nuked New York and Washinghton D.C. Soon followed by London, Manchester and Birmingham. The lads are a bit freaked out by this but don't see the relevance of this to them until Nigel informs them that a “Stray Missile” Trajectory looks like its going to overshoot Liverpool by 170 miles and should impact somewhere in the Irish Midlands in less than 10 mins. Panic ensues as the protaganists go through an emotional roller-coaster before eventually getting their act together just in time to botch together a DIY Nuclear shelter in the Lab .For the indefinate future they are trapped together in the dark and stuffy room. Soon
    relationships start to build and breakdown and other relationships begin. The power struggle between Mature Jim and Popular Joe reaches unbearable and Nigel decides he's had enough and decides to brave the fall-out to search for supplies and/or survivors. He returns empty handed but tells a story of the outside world that has devistating affect on the group as hope seems lost. And Nigel seems to have been “Altered” by the fall-out.-this first materialises itself as he seems to have gained more confidence around theothers even flirting with Kate much to Joes annoyance- but soon more sinister changes begin to affect Nigel. Eventually the guy's decide that the are going to have to leave the lab and at least try to find a way to communicate with the outside world, It is Nigels Idea to head to the Comms Room as he believes he can botch together a Network connection that will allow them to communicate with the outside world bespite the EMP from the blast has taken down all electricity on campus. It is on the way to the comms room that Nigel takes his first victim -Jim the mature student stops to use the bathroom Nigel makes an excuse and doubles back to catch him in the bathroom where he dispatches him bloodily. Joe , Paul and Kate reach the Comms room and are waiting for Nerdy Nigel, But wheres Steo? Nigel arrives wearing jim's clothes which no- body notices such is the lack of attention that they pay to there Nerdy Co- Student .In the comms room Nigel's true intentions are revealed there are body's piled all over the place, they all seem to be missing the top of their heads and their BRAINS! Before the three can react they have been tied up with multiple CAT 5 Cables and are helpless. Joe and Kate watch on in Horror as Nigel butchers Paul and eats his brain... it seams their fate is sealed however Steo .... remember him.. returns from smoking a Bong somwhere just in time to save the day sacrificing his life in the process of killing the Nigel-Mutant. The movie ends with Joe Telling Kate that they could be the last 2 human beings alive, Kate takes his hand places it on her stomach and says actually theres 3 of us.

Characters

Students

Joe.........................................The confident popular leader

Kate.......................................Joe's On/Off Girlfriend

Jim.........................................The “Mature” One wants to Lead

Steo........................................The Slacker/Stoner doesn't care who's in charge just wants to get high

Nigel.......................................The NERD / Mutant

Paul.........................................The Joker friend and ally of Joe

Was talking to a couple of guy's/girls from college today who are very interested in acting in this. one is absolutely perfect for Kate and another who IS Nigel!!!(hope I'm not stepping on any toes here ) I just figured it would be easier to write with people in mind

Sound Really Good Dude :)

I would be interested in this. Always wanted to be in a film :L Even if it is an small independent film :L

Cool story paul, now we just gotta rewrite it into something shootable, with dialogue, locations, shots and props.

as for the film of this, i'm going to book the camera and equipment for march 29th to april 2nd or april 5th to 9th. Gonna try sort funding, the camera alone for the week will cost 640 euro, so hopefully we can get the funding and justify the expense.
    By justify, i mean, we really should shoot more than one film, maybe a bunch of shorts, so that everyone can have their story told, anything from 5 seconds to 10 minutes should be shot, here is a website that shows only 5 second films, and some are pretty good, so worth getting some ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 brendawg

Here is a Basic outline of the idea i had =a college student in his/her 2nd or 3rd year and has become complacent in coming to college .
    She/he only comes in when it is crucial and is allways late with assignments, constantly coming in late and hung over .

Eventually she/he is told by parents/college that she/he has to shape up or else (they will do something bad , or she/he has to leave college) ,and begins to become better but because she/he is not used to getting up early and working hard she/he goes for weeks with out noticing that all the students and lectures have become zombies and she/he continues to go to college and lectures and tutorials in a daze with out noticing this crazy thing . Because she/he is just trying to get her/his work done and pays little attention to lecturers.
    At one stage she /he talks to one of her/his friends and thinks that he/she is just really hungover, laughs it off and walks away , but not before slapping him on the back and knocking his arm of .

It is a very brief idea and has a lot of holes in it , but its only an idea.

By justify, i mean, we really should shoot more than one film, maybe a bunch of shorts, so that everyone can have their story told, anything from 5 seconds to 10 minutes should be shot, here is a website that shows only 5 second films, and some are pretty good, so worth getting some ideas.

I'm not sure this is such a good Idea. it might be better to get everyone involved in 1 or 2 productions and really put the time in to make them as good as poss rather than trying to make 5/6 movies in a hurry ! funding should be forthcoming if you plan to enter the movie for RTE's Short movie season and or a Film Festival. also there is a Shorts movie channel on sky that are alway's looking for short movies

With regards to the "Actual Screenplay" I've written 2 scenes already and will hopefully have a full first draft by the end of the week

• Advertisement

This really sounds good :D
    Do ya have to be a member of filmsoc to be apart of it??

Was Talking to Vinny(clubs and socs officer) today he's got contacts in UCi and reckons if we can make a movie at least an hour long he can get it screened in Uci blanch

Was Talking to Vinny(clubs and socs officer) today he's got contacts in UCi and reckons if we can make a movie at least an hour long he can get it screened in Uci blanch

An hour of footage is a serious amount of work, to shoot that in a week, we'd need everything to work like clockwork and have no problems at all. It seems impossible, :(

But i think the best way for us to have more than an hour of footage is to actually make 2 or 3 films, and have them played back to back as one feature.
    If we stretch one film to an hour, it'll just be complete rubbish with crap put in to fill up time, but if we condense each one into a smaller package, it'll become a much better experience and easier to achieve. So 25 minutes for each film seems reasonable to me.

An hour of footage is a serious amount of work, to shoot that in a week, we'd need everything to work like clockwork and have no problems at all. It seems impossible, :(

But i think the best way for us to have more than an hour of footage is to actually make 2 or 3 films, and have them played back to back as one feature.
    If we stretch one film to an hour, it'll just be complete rubbish with crap put in to fill up time, but if we condense each one into a smaller package, it'll become a much better experience and easier to achieve. So 25 minutes for each film seems reasonable to me.
    Four 25 min "movies" with recurring theme would be superb. I remember a movie with four different stories and four different directors a while back cant remember the name for the life of me (Tarrantino was one of the Directors involved) the 4th section brought the other 3 together at the end
    it worked really well, might be a bit ambitious to try bring all the stories together in the final "part" but hell we could try ?
    Another movie that had three separate stories intertwined at the end was go

Just on the UCi thing. i forgot to mention that we won't be able to use any copyrighted material (soundtrack, score etc.)

i really love that idea for the 4 25 minute films, cool .

Just on the UCi thing. i forgot to mention that we won't be able to use any copyrighted material (soundtrack, score etc.)

Perfectly fine, we can ask music soc, see if they know any artist that will license or record a soundtrack for us, there are also free to use sounds out there, i'm just not sure where to find them :(

As for the 4 intertwining stories, it'll be best if we decided on a type of world our characters will be living in. There was this project my brother worked on, and i almost worked on, it was called Hotel Darklight, it was a series of about 8-12 short films all based in this one hotel, called darklight. This hotel was haunted and everyone had their own angle and approach on it, some were very good, some not so much. But they all had their premiere at the darklight festival back in september or october, i'll try find a few of them online.

it'll be best if we decided on a type of world our characters will be living in. .

Can I suggest a post apocalyptic world ( so it fits in with my story :D) with all the "movies" set on campus with maybe a major Zombies V's Survivors rampage at the end. we could bring all the characters from the separate "movies" together to fight off their zombiefied dead co-students.

We could have a hillarious scene in the Sportshall with the students throwing anything that comes to hand at the zombie hoards. picture zombies falling over basketballs, heads being knocked off with hurls, Pool Cue impailings et al.

Ciaran can you organise a casting soon. do you think we can get a LOT!! of extras for Zombies

I'm organising 2 people to come in on the 2nd march for a talk, they're gonna talk about script writing and post production, i'm trying to sort another person to talk about shooting and directing, but she's working on a film at the moment and won't be free till the 7th. But watch this slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 emzsyno

hey, im new to this so forgive me for being so slow :D

i actually had a dream about this last night so if it doesn't add up don't mind me, i can fix it up if it sounds good -

ITB 2010 - (a group of first yrs obviously new to the college), they have a group assignment that needs to be done asap and they need to stay back after hours to get it done. However, all students in the college know that ITB closes on a certain day during the school year (can pick this later) - it closes because ITB is actually built on a burial ground that belongs to the soldiers of Blanchard who come out on that very date looking to to re-enact their last battle to the soldiers of Luttrell on the ITB GAA pitch and ground for the land we now know as Blanchardstown. Everyone stays away from the campus on this date. As much as the students have been advised against going to the campus to finish their assignment (they are shooting a movie themselves on location at the college and need to have it done when no one is around) they go to the campus on the very night the soldiers come back from the dead......... and the rest tbc........

I hope it sounds ok, I think it could potentially be really really good and I wanna join the film society, just tell me where to be and when so I can pay!
    If we need funds we could try fundraising somehow if anyone has good ideas :)

Emma

btw, i'm up for anything you can throw at me to do, acting etc.... looking forward to seeing how it all goes... :)

• Advertisement

sorry i shouldve mentioned this, if we're not able to use copyrighted material (music) my brother does music for films.... he writes and composes for scenes etc so if you need something original, he'll be up for it i'm sure :)

hey emzsyno, that's an interesting idea, but i think it will be out of the central theme. To sum up what we're going to attempt, we'll be shooting 4 films, which still have to be written, they'll all be written with the campus in mind, and be happening at the same time of a big event, which is a huge zombie outbreak from biological weapons or what not. So if character A in the first film locks a door, then Character B in the second film can't open that door, so they get eaten by zombies, you get the idea.

But i'm not shruggin off your story, we can still work it into a script, maybe the characters at the start are telling ghost stories, and the one they tell is yours.

I'm going to be setting up in the canteen tomorrow, so people can sign up there, also if your brother is willing to do it for free, then i will welcome his help, but if not, i'll try sort funding for music in our films, but that's a long shot, perhaps we could hire him.

i had an idea for the 4 way story thing, its like this
    4 best friends leave secondary school and go to itb all in different courses but same college.
    they are really good friends but going to college changes they're personalities a bit .

one = becomes a recluse and is only interested in getting good grades , never goes outside and never talks to anybody.and eventually becomes suicidal and really stressed out.

two = becomes reall cool and makes lots of friends and has lots of sex with lots of girls , it goes grand for a bit , until he gets a girl pregnant and not only that but he gives her clamidia and her baby dies after he starts to get excited about being a dad.

three= becomes involved in drugs in a big way and falls back in his studies .after a big night of drug taking his friend od,s and just before he can ring an ambulance a garda knocks on the door after some complaints of loud music , he panics and runs away .

four=becomes obsessed with his image and starts taking steroids and not eating right.
    one day when his mam try's to confront him he lashes out and beats the crap out of her, later regreting it.

in the end the storeys unite at the end of semester exams when the three meet up before the first exam and say " alright hows things " where all reply " ahh its grand" saying its alright when they all know deep inside that they're lives are in turmoil. the story ends with a close up on each of they're faces when they sit down and look at the paper and attempt to salvage whats left of they're lives by doing well in the exams.

its only a brief idea , but i really like it .

hey emzsyno, that's an interesting idea, but i think it will be out of the central theme. To sum up what we're going to attempt, we'll be shooting 4 films, which still have to be written, they'll all be written with the campus in mind, and be happening at the same time of a big event, which is a huge zombie outbreak from biological weapons or what not. So if character A in the first film locks a door, then Character B in the second film can't open that door, so they get eaten by zombies, you get the idea.

But i'm not shruggin off your story, we can still work it into a script, maybe the characters at the start are telling ghost stories, and the one they tell is yours.

I'm going to be setting up in the canteen tomorrow, so people can sign up there, also if your brother is willing to do it for free, then i will welcome his help, but if not, i'll try sort funding for music in our films, but that's a long shot, perhaps we could hire him.

thats what i get for not reading the forum fully!!! :D sounds good anyway, ill have a think on scripts then... i'm not even in college tomorrow, wednesdays are my day off but ill try get up to the college to ya! my bro is a student too so he's not exactly a pro just yet, he's in his final year in college... but ill see what he thinks on the idea cos he's really good at what he does! i love the whole zombie idea, ill see you tomorrow then, what times will you be there?

brendawg wrote: »
    i had an idea for the 4 way story thing, its like this

That's a pretty good story, now if only zombies could be incoporated into it :)
    We may be able to shoot this aswell, if we can get the funding, but at the moment we'll probably only get 1 week to shoot everything. Editing is free since the college has a bunch of macs with decent software.

I'll try organise a meeting for all the members so that we can discuss our ideas and decide on what to do.

emzsyno wrote: »
    thats what i get for not reading the forum fully!!! :D sounds good anyway, ill have a think on scripts then... i'm not even in college tomorrow, wednesdays are my day off but ill try get up to the college to ya! my bro is a student too so he's not exactly a pro just yet, he's in his final year in college... but ill see what he thinks on the idea cos he's really good at what he does! i love the whole zombie idea, ill see you tomorrow then, what times will you be there?

don't worry bout coming in, we'll sort out your membership another time, i'm just trying to get as much signed up and spread the word around the college a bit more.

don't worry bout coming in, we'll sort out your membership another time, i'm just trying to get as much signed up and spread the word around the college a bit more.

I've been doing a bit o' PR on this over the last few days, lots of interest from yr1 computing (my Course) everyones asking do they need to be a member of filmSoc to be part of this, should I tell them yes?

Also Working on the Script for "The Mid-Term Project" section (see my plot summary above) as we speak. trying to make the Dialogue as realistic as poss so there'll be a fair bit of bad language in it hope no ones easily offended;)

Here's a draft of a couple of scenes

The Mid-Term Project
    Scene 1 Ext. Block E Day

Paul is smoking alone, he throws the butt of his cigarette away and is turning to enter the building when...

Joe(Off Camera): Story Paul?

Paul: Howya Joe, Didn't think you'd bother coming in over the break.

Joe : Ah nothing much else to do. Anyone else here yet ?

Paul: yeh, Jim and Steo, are up there... oh and that weirdo whats his name? Norman?

Joe : Nigel?

Paul : Yeah Nigel, thats what I said.

Joe : Kate not here?

Paul (sheepishly): Yeah She's up there, You two fighting Again!?

Joe : No where not, I tore the hole off her last night.

Paul: Yeh I thought she was walking a bit funny

Joe: (playfully punching paul) You're a Sick puppy Paul, A Sick Puppy. Any way s'pose we better head up, this ****in' project's not gonna finish itself.

They Turn and enter the building
    Cut to Block E stairs

Scene 2 Int . Block E Stairs. A few moments later

Paul and Joe are Talking as they climb the stairs towards Computer lab

Joe : d'you hear that on the news this morning about that fire up in the industrial estate ?

Paul : yeh a friend of mine works up there he's chuffed he'll be off on full pay till they clean that mess up.

Joe: what was it a pharmacutical plant or something?

Paul : Yeah big American company me mate was sayin' they've some security up there...retina scans, the works.

Scene 3 Int Network Lab Block E
    Kate is leaning on a desk Chating with Steo
    who is seated with his feet up on the desk
    Jim is working on an open PC Chassis.
    Nigel is in the far corner with his laptop

Steo: why'd you even come in today for, you don't even have a project to do ?

Kate : Joe's coming in, I'm giving him a hand. Were going out later, gonna head straight from here.

Steo: Might have guessed Joe had something to do with it. why'd you put up him?

Kate : He's ****ing loaded and he's got a big..............

Kate is Interupted by the door opening
    Joe and Paul Enter

Joe : Morning Folks !,

Paul: Ah so this is where they hide the Nerds

Kate: **** You Paul, I'm no bleedin Nerd

Jim : Howya's lads, Have ye much left to do?

Paul : not much just a bit debugging really

Joe : ****in' loads to do.

Kate: Not too much I hope yer taking me to La-Crevion Tonight, don't forget

Joe: I'm great Kate how are you?

Paul: You two don't ****in' start!

Nigel: Actually N.E.R.D is an anacronym of Not Even Remotely Dweeby.
    So its quite the compliment Kate

Jim Rolls his eyes and returns to the open Chasis

Everyone Else : Whatever !!
    Nigels attention has returned to his laptop, he appears not hear the others.

Distant Sirens and Loud Hailer .................Stay Indoors do not leave your homes. close all doors and windows....Biological Emergency Stay Indoors do not leave your homes.................

Jus had an idea for your film (probsbly not a good one)

donfarrell wrote: »
    Jus had an idea for your film (probsbly not a good one)

Me Likey...

• Advertisement

Hi Ciaran, just following up from our conversation yesterday. was talking to V about funding for the kit for 2 weeks. he reckons the powers that be might be a bit reluctant to fork out unless we can show some sort of a benefit from it so with that in mind I've done a bit of research and found out that ShortsTv on Sky channel 342 accept submissions from up-and-coming filmakers for their "Film School" slot on the channel. also CurrentTV Sky Channel 183 schedule is entirely made up of viewer made short-films(I think it's mostly Docu's and Current Affairs type stuff but could be worth a look) anyway V reckons that if we can show a real possibility of this film been shown then funding will be more forthcoming.If you want to mail ShortsTV the addy is simon@shortsinternational.com. and current can be contacted on info@current.com would be great if we can get a mail from either of those channels even provisionally expressing an interest in screening the movie the purse strings will be loosened some what

Advertisement