Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube video - Callan & Kilkenny back in the day

Options
  • 12-02-2010 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I can see my house :p No seriously I can

Has to be early to mid 90's going by the pharmacy in bridge St, going from colour of my old house I'd say about 1992/1993.

He seemed to have hung out in West Street an awful lot also Cosy Inn in Mill Street

Few things incorrectly stated in it, Asa Chandler didn't create the receipt for Coca Cola he merely helped found the company,

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭500sel

what year was the confederation? thats what all the flags are about i think. my guess is 1988 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

500sel wrote: »
    what year was the confederation? thats what all the flags are about i think. my guess is 1988 :confused:

1992 I think. This defo looks early 1990s anyhow. Hard to believe Callan without a bypass all those years ago. Do people in Callan really ahve an accent like Tipp? Wouldn't be used to that at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Oh we got our bypass alright...

...BUT AT WHAT PRICE!

Wow, there are a lot of pubs in Callan really. Special shout out to Keogh's Model Bakery, keepin' it real, they are.

Nicer than that Pat the Baker sh!te, and as for Old Mister Brennan, he can go fk himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Blast from the past... The L&N on High St.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Oh we got our bypass alright...

...BUT AT WHAT PRICE!

The price was idiots now throw their cars anywhere in the town causing mayhem,
    Wow, there are a lot of pubs in Callan really.

Yep alot less these days though, hard to run a pub these days as the whole social aspect has changed a fair bit

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

There's a late 1990 car beside the metropole @ 7:30 in the video so it's 1991 at the earliest... car doesn't look too fresh either so more likely 92+

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Formosa

Wow, look at Callan. Filthy narrow streets, dank disgusting buildings, layabouts drinking in pubs during the day, smoking in pubs, filthy moaning farmers...at a guess I'd say 2010?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Formosa wrote: »
    Wow, look at Callan. Filthy narrow streets, dank disgusting buildings, layabouts drinking in pubs during the day, smoking in pubs, filthy moaning farmers...at a guess I'd say 2010?

Wow, look - a troll!

Have a nice day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Thanks for sharing this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

I liked this vid
    Sully wrote: »
    Wow, look - a troll!

Have a nice day.

Can I keep him pleeeeease!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Ah, show us more! That was great, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I discovered this :D I'm still laughing at the guy talking about traffic. "The next thing, the houses are going to fall down!" :rolleyes:

Advertisement