Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAKO Quad 22lr

Options
  • 12-02-2010 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭

I have the opportunity to purchase a sako quad 22lr second hadn for €500.

How accurate is it and can anyone that has one give me a quick low down on it

All replies welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I sold my .22lr barrel now!

You more than likely will have ejection problems with unfired rounds. This is a problem with the extractor claw and there is a fox, if you're brave enough to try it :D on RimFireCentral I believe.

Lovely rifle.

EDIT:

I swear, I typed "fix" not "fox".... I did.... Honestly!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I wonder if the 3 gun limit will make the quad more popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

kowloon wrote: »
    I wonder if the 3 gun limit will make the quad more popular.

Three gun limit?

Even if there were such a limit, you need a separate licence for each barrel of a different calibre, as though it were a gun in its own right, so what difference does it make?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Three gun limit?

Even if there were such a limit, you need a separate licence for each barrel of a different calibre, as though it were a gun in its own right, so what difference does it make?

You know what I mean, with the extra security there is effectively a three gun limit for most people. From what I gather you can have both .22 calibre barrels on the same licence. The security requirements states number of guns, not number of licences.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭zulu_dawn

am shooting a sako quad myself for past few years.

i think they are good, i can get 10mm groups at 50m with lapua rifle match ammo, mid price ammo.

point to note - ask the guy to chamber a live round and cycle the action to see if the action (ejector) will eject a live round.
    i have seen a sako quad that will not, this has obvious safety issues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement