Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yo mothers! Samuel L Jackson laying it down to Ryan (Late Late Show - 12/2/2010)

• 12-02-2010 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Yep the face of Virgin Media is on the LLS tonight, a few other famous faces join him including Gerry Adams. Grizzly v Jackson?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Say Norn Ireland again.
    SAY Norn Ireland AGAIN.
    I dare you, I double dare you, motherfucker.
    Say Norn Ireland one more goddamn time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

[in supermacs afterwards, eating a mighty mac]

"mmm, this IS a tasty burger"

Points gun at Tubridy....

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Pulls trigger.

Best Late Late ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

I was never a big fan of jackson myself dont know why but ill watch defo. in fairness the late late have had huge guests on this season. really you couldnt have had much better.

how old is janice dickinson but she looked might fine last weekend:o...even in the big sweater!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jackson to Ryan "Bitch, be cool" :D

• Advertisement

Enough is enough! I have had it with this motherfucking host on this motherfucking show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

worth watching tonight so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

Right, we've heard ****e guests etc...
    Now Tubbs, let's see how you do. This is your shot....(most recent anyway).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'll watch this for reasons stated above!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Jackson - "I'm sick of all these mother fcukin' snakes in mother fcukin' Sinn Fein!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

"Imma suffer you Tubridy, You goan mind me, NOW GET YOU' ASS BACK IN MY HOUSE!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Sam-"Ak-47 when you have to absolutely, positively kill every last mother fcuker in the room, accept no substitute”

Gerry – no comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Jackson is quite a coup for the LLS now.. Should be entertaining.. I wonder will he wear a hat?! Actually I read somewhere recently that his films combined have accumulated more box office receipts than ony other actor's in Hollywood history.

Musical performance from legendary Dionne Warwick also, hopefully either saying a little prayer or walking on by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

My guess is that Tubs will be a nervous wreck interviewing Sam L Jackson and will just rattle through the list of questions.
    He will be nice as pie to Gerry, because he doesn't want Gerry to turn on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Jackson is quite a coup for the LLS now.. Should be entertaining.. I wonder will he wear a hat?! Actually I read somewhere recently that his films combined have accumulated more box office receipts than ony other actor's in Hollywood history.

I've heard that too - it's a kinda dubious one, in that a lot of them wouldn't be successful due to his "star power" as it were, and he's been in a hell of a lot of movies. I think Harrison Ford was the previous owner of that title.

From the early years Eddie Murphy Raw; Coming to America; Goodfellas; Patriot Games; Jurassic Park. I'd say those were big earners (not sure about the Eddie Murphy ones, but he was huge back then, no?), but those are movies I tend to look back on and think "Huh? Samuel L Jackson was in that?" It's a funny one to think about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

MikeC101 wrote: »
    I've heard that too - it's a kinda dubious one, in that a lot of them wouldn't be successful due to his "star power" as it were, and he's been in a hell of a lot of movies. I think Harrison Ford was the previous owner of that title.

From the early years Eddie Murphy Raw; Coming to America; Goodfellas; Patriot Games; Jurassic Park. I'd say those were big earners (not sure about the Eddie Murphy ones, but he was huge back then, no?), but those are movies I tend to look back on and think "Huh? Samuel L Jackson was in that?" It's a funny one to think about.

Sea of Love

Cast:
    Black man - Samuel Jackson (pre 'L') ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

From the early years Eddie Murphy Raw; Coming to America; Goodfellas; Patriot Games; Jurassic Park.
    He had quite a "meaty" role in Jurassic Park ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I tend to look back on and think "Huh? Samuel L Jackson was in that?" It's a funny one to think about.

That happened to me last night. I was watching Menace II Society and I had completely forgotten he is it the film briefly at the beginning.

I'll be tuning in for this tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Its Christopher Lee according to IMDB. Lord of the Rings and Star Wars along with the other 250+ films he's been in.
    His films have made more money than any other actor's in history. As of May 2006, five of his films ('The Lord Of The Rings" trilogy and the two "Star Wars" films in which he played Count Dooku) had total grosses in excess of $4.4 billion. Even without considering Lee's other appearances dating back to 1948, his totals considerably surpass the figures of #3 billion and #3.8 billion claimed by Harrison Ford and Samuel L. Jackson, respectively.

Link

Still it should be a really good Late late.

Thanks for that correction Don, it just goes to show inaccuracies don't last too long up on boards. I was hoping no-one would ask me for a link cos I can't for the life of me remember where I read it. Somewhere not to be trusted anyways! I reckon Jackson will catch him up though, if he stays in the game as long as Lee has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Thanks for that correction Don, it just goes to show inaccuracies don't last too long up on boards. I was hoping no-one would ask me for a link cos I can't for the life of me remember where I read it. Somewhere not to be trusted anyways! I reckon Jackson will catch him up though, if he stays in the game as long as Lee has.

This site has him at number 2, behind...eh Frank Welker...

But it seems odd, given LoTR and Star Wars, that it has Lee at 70, so perhaps there's something off about their numbers ??

Edit: Though they do take those movies into account for Lee.....

Edit again: It's US Box office only, methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

Who else is on the LLS tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Who else is on the LLS tonight?

Michael Fassbender
    Dionne Warwick
    +Samuel+Gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Ban Ki Moon

Ryan Tubridy is the last person I want to see interviewing Jerry Adams,Looks like we are going to see Ryans (Wurzel Gummidge) serious head

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Samuel L is so cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Jackson is quite a coup for the LLS now.. Should be entertaining..

We have Keith Duffy to thank for Jackson's appearance.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/samuel-flying-in-to-support-duffy-at-evening-of-love-2043964.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Oh God I hope Tubridy doesn't ruin Samuel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Suprised Tubridy can get the questions out...

With his head up there...

OK Tubridy stop asking him about golf...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Enough with the golf already!

Ask him about Pulp Fiction and Iron Man 2...

Tubridy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ha I'm surprised that story was brought up with the reporter.

I'll always have time for Jackson ever since he told Kate Thornton off when she claimed Colin Farrell to be Brit in an interview a few years ago!

"That's the problem with you guys " he said, "going around claiming people to be your own!"

Brilliant stuff!

Golf. Blah blah blah. I wonder if Tubridy will think to ask him any film questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Ryan can even make SLJ dull.

• Advertisement

Thank fcuk that the LLS picked the best scene. :D

Should have done the royale with cheese scene.

Less well known.

I would think that he has seen that scene before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭crushproof

Tubridy can;t handle his sarcasm and jokes at all......just laughs nervously! Awful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I don't think Ryan has a clue what the hell he is talking about now :P

Clutching at straws Tubridy. Hairstyles. You're talking to Samuel L. Jackson for crying out loud.

• Advertisement

He's asking Jackson about going for a pint of milk! For flips sake!mad.gif

Could have sworn Sam just called him Derek.

Does Tubridy have a sense of humour?

I wish Jackson laid a beat down on Ryan for taking that envelope. Would've been amazing tv.

That_Guy wrote: »

No more so than Pat the plank.

Basically, no.

That_Guy wrote: »

He did, but he seems to have lost it since they gave him the Late Late show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Mr Jackson !! WTF?

"No no. Sit down in that chair"

Jesus Ryan you've gotta at least be polite towards your guests. Jackson's the best thing you could hope for really.

Oh no..... I hate this bloody song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭crushproof

And a mighty Wolfe Tones session just for Samuel.....cringe worthy or what!

Well that was a big let down! Thanks Tubs for ruining an interview that was almost impossible to mess up but somehow you managed it!mad.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement