Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are official Memory Units no longer for sale?

• 12-02-2010 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Am I missing, or do no shops stock these any more?

I have been looking all over Dublin to get large one (at a cheap price) that I can use to keep my profile on and to copy across saved games and the like from an old HDD to a new 250GB one (long story, in another thread).

Is this anything to do with the Lawsuit filed by Datel about getting their unofficial MU's blocked at the last system update?

Thanks in advance,
    F.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

HMV in Liffey Valley had two 64MB cards on sale on Saturday for €11.99. I grabbed one of them since these seem to be in v. short supply and I haven't found them anywhere else. I was hoping for a 512MB one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

I don't think so, Your best bet would be eBay, I did see one in my local Xtra Vision about 6 months again it was the last one. Think it was 30 euro and it was 64MB.

Other than that I went to Gamestop one day and asked and they said that they do not stock them anymore.

I doubt it has anything to do with the Datel Cards. Shops stopped stocking them before the lawsuit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The problem with ebay is there are so many fakes, and fakes don't work on the new dashboard version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

im pretty sure im saw some in HMV in blanch, ill check for ya tomorrow when im in there again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭chillin_penguin

Try ebay or a game shop that does not do that much trade...Xtravision would be a good place to look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Also you could try a Cash Coverters or a store such as that if there is one around you, at times they are like the savior of gaming accessories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

I managed to pick up a 512mb unit in Xtravision Lucan about 3 weeks ago, 45 Euro, not too bad considering the price of the smaller capacity units.

Needed it for the same reason, little guy has a new elite and wanted to transfer all his saves/data from his last console, worked a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 smcgovern

Seen one in HMV Liffey Valley at the weekend.

Right on my lunch break I checked the uasual suspects in Blanch shopping center. None in HMV, Game, GameStop or Xtravision so there must be some truth to their demise.
    Now mind you I did not bother to ask any staff members in those shops I only checked their accesiories display. It might be worth asking but I doubt they have them if they are not on display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Is it not cheaper to just buy a transfer cable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

diddledum wrote: »
    I managed to pick up a 512mb unit in Xtravision Lucan about 3 weeks ago, 45 Euro, not too bad considering the price of the smaller capacity units.

Needed it for the same reason, little guy has a new elite and wanted to transfer all his saves/data from his last console, worked a treat.

Why didn't you just send away for a data transfer cable? They cost about 13 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

bevan619 wrote: »
    Why didn't you just send away for a data transfer cable? They cost about 13 euro.

Would have one but after reading the following from the XBox site, I decided the unit was required, believe me, you would not want to be around my son when any of his game saves go missing;

To avoid erasing existing games saves or your Xbox LIVE membership on your 120GB hard drive, you can move them to an Xbox 360 Memory Unit (sold separately) for temporary storage. Once the hard-drive-to-hard-drive transfer is complete, you can then safely add your games saves or membership back to your 120-GB hard drive.

ive asked arount about em. They have stoped producing them as they come with the xbox arcade now so there is no real demand for them any more. I found Gamestop in donabate seem to be the only place where they are in stock but they are pricy there.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Since this memory card acts as a backup device, it seems strange they're not common. After all, harddrives can fail!

Anyway, I won an eBay auction for a 256MB one, came to 16stg delivered. Supposed to be official, it had better be (not arrived yet)!

Advertisement