Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Download / On-demand movies on xbox

• 12-02-2010 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

Which is the better way to go to watch movies on demand on xbox?

Sky player?
    or
    Zune (paid for with microsoft points)?

re: sky player, I have the free account set up - but don't want to buy the entertainment pack (channels I already have) to then bolt on the movies pack.
    Can I not get movies as a standalone?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I have the sky movies pack but haven't watched a film on the Xbox through Sky Player as it's hooked up on a tv with the skybox so is a bit pointless. I've used Skyplayer to watch some on Demand stuff but not too much.

Zune is just a rental service so if your looking to rent something it's a good idea. I've only used it once to rent the HD version of Inglorious Basterds. Other than taking nearly 24 hours to download the 11.9GB I though it was a great service. I would use it again but am not likely to be buying HD versions again soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Howitzer wrote: »
    Which is the better way to go to watch movies on demand on xbox?

Sky player?
    or
    Zune (paid for with microsoft points)?

re: sky player, I have the free account set up - but don't want to buy the entertainment pack (channels I already have) to then bolt on the movies pack.
    Can I not get movies as a standalone?

cheers

In Ireland, it's pretty much the same for either.
    - The Zune Marketplace offers only a handful (~200) movies, and from that maybe 20 are ones that you might want to watch.
    - The Sky player is only really good if you have a full Sky package all kitted out with Multiroom. It's impossible to download anything, even if you have one of the free accounts with credit added to it. Complete suckfest - you can only really access some of the Sky home made programs. No sport, no movies, no dramas. Nada.

It's a pity really, because the technology for both has amazing potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I was left very dissapointed by these two add ons. Sky player is a waste of time rubbish channels that work out more expensive than most digital TV packages.

Zune then was a good idea but i tried to stream a HD movie on a 7mb connection. No chance tried the standard edition and the quality was terrible no better than what you would get on a laptop. Thought about downloading but then it told me i had no space on the Hard drive !!

Add to that that they have around 10 new movies then things get very old very fast (space jam, 3 kings, get shorty all from the 90's) and of poor quality and expensive for a movie you could prob buy on DVD for 99 cent in bargin bins these days .

Advertisement