Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skip hire in the Sligo area

Options
  • 12-02-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any skip for hire companies in the Sligo Area? Barna Waste quoted me €300 for their smallest skip, which I thought was a bit on the 'steep' side of things. I think this skip was 4 x 6 or something, ffs. So if anyone knows of an alternative company, the price or how many days you can have it for etc, please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Greenstar on the quays

Barna Waste From galway. They do bin collections in Sligo so might be wirth an enquiry

Call who you like, skips aint cheap these days anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I hired a 4x6 skip a few months back from Barna for something like €215, however that was for less than 24 hours - they dropped it off first thing, and collected it that evening. This suited me fine as I had everything ready for dumping, and didn't have to worry about overnight fly-tippers either. They did quote a higher price originally but dropped it when I asked for a same-day service. Greenstar weren't willing to haggle at all, and the only other place I rang were a lot more expensive too, can't remember who it was though. We're in the town itself, and had to get a permit from the town council for the day, it was 8 quid I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Would that bloke "Men with A Van" do it cheaper? We used him a few years ago and he was very reasonable.

http://www.menwithavan.com/contacts.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Does anyone know of any skip for hire companies in the Sligo Area? Barna Waste quoted me €300 for their smallest skip, which I thought was a bit on the 'steep' side of things. I think this skip was 4 x 6 or something, ffs. So if anyone knows of an alternative company, the price or how many days you can have it for etc, please let me know.
    Would that bloke "Men with A Van" do it cheaper? We used him a few years ago and he was very reasonable.

http://www.menwithavan.com/contacts.htm

Friends of mine were looking at skips or else getting a van recently and there wasn't much price difference between the two. In the end we did 3 car loads (only a little Ibiza so not big loads) to the dump collection place at Deepwater Quay and one car load to the recycling center next door. Think it came to about 60euro in total. If you're based in or near town, and the stuff fits in a car, it's totally worth bringing it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Thanks for all your help folks, I'm in Achonry so I'm a bit out of town. Barna and Greenstar quoted me both €300, but I could have the skip for about 5 days. So if I coordinate some DIY and garden work on top of the clear out, it will probably work out as good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

MacG haulage is great for this sort of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

A skip can be cheaper then bring it yourself. When bringing it to the Quay they weigh what you bring

So if it is lots of heavy stuff it cheaper te get a skip.

We had to pay €161.- for a trailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SilasMarner

Avoid Greenstar anyway....wild expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 johnbannon

barna is €160 for 4yd skip if you have bin collection with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Thread is 2 years old. I'd say the OP is sorted by now. Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement