Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e. e. cummings

Options
  • 12-02-2010 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Dear all,
    A little help please. I cannot, for the life of me, remember the name of a poem by cummings. I was wondering if anyone here could remember it for me. It is about the dissection of poetry and he relates it back to life, through such phrases (paraphrase since I can't remember exactly) as "a full-stop is love" and a comma something else... I realise this is incredibly vague. Can anyone help me out?
    Best,
    Winston.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Dear all,
    A little help please. I cannot, for the life of me, remember the name of a poem by cummings. I was wondering if anyone here could remember it for me. It is about the dissection of poetry and he relates it back to life, through such phrases (paraphrase since I can't remember exactly) as "a full-stop is love" and a comma something else... I realise this is incredibly vague. Can anyone help me out?
    Best,
    Winston.

Have to say I'm a big fan of Cummings but that didn't immediately ring any bells. I've had a quick peruse of a collection of his work and nothing really fits the bill, though there are many poems on the theme of love....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If you have time, there are quite a few of Cummings' poems here and you may spot it. The page uses the word "all", though I suspect it's just all that they have.

Advertisement