Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Play Secret US Gig and Announce First European Date

Options
  • 12-02-2010 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Yes, in the space of 24 hours, we have two major pieces of Guns N' Roses news

First of all, the band played an acoustic gig in New York for about 100 people last night, at the opening of a fashion event in the venue that used to be CBGB's - this is GNR's first US gig since 2006

By all accounts the gig was amazing and there has been some bootleg footage surfacing around YouTube which I'm trying to locate

AND, if that wasn't good enough, GNR have just confirmed an appearance at the Sweeden Rock festival alongside such acts as Opeth, Alestorm, Nazareth, Danzig, Steel Panther and, erm, Rick Springfield

gunsswedenrock.jpg

NOTE: This is the same week as the Download Festival in the UK, which Bon Jovi and Guns N Roses have been strongly rumoured to co-headline alongside AC/DC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Brilliant ... Rick Springfield :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

very interesting Crue.......
    I would expect a raft of dates to be announced soon so.......hopefully something here/uk.....but yeah Download looks like a good bet at this stage....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

Is this the full GnR band Axl Slash and co? A GnR renunion sounds like Axl needs cash for another facelift, pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

No Reunion and it will NEVER happen.

The current line-up are playing some amazing shows at the moment and that is as good as it gets.

Here is My Michelle from the gig last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Just a quick correction there Ron. That's "My Michelle" and not "Mr. Brownstone."

Anyhow, that lineup for Download already looks pretty awesome. Adding GNR to it as well would make it an amazing festival to go to. May look into heading over for it. Flights seem cheap enough anyway.

• Advertisement

Just a quick correction there Ron. That's "My Michelle" and not "Mr. Brownstone."

Anyhow, that lineup for Download already looks pretty awesome. Adding GNR to it as well would make it an amazing festival to go to. May look into heading over for it. Flights seem cheap enough anyway.

Doh! I posted that after watching this unreleased Mr. Brownstone vid.

Also somebody just posted this picture from the gig last night over at mygnrforum.com

2ho9t3a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

i know its a festival.. but on the bill it appears Suicidal, Danzig and Slayer are supporting G'n R! :o
    Gary Moore right up there too!

vikings always get the metal legends.. i heard they teach heavy metal in scandinavian schools? if so has the ultimate music form of rebelliousness lost its bite. is nothing shocking anymore, bar german bondage techno?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

RonMexico wrote: »
    Doh! I posted that after watching this unreleased Mr. Brownstone vid.

Also somebody just posted this picture from the gig last night over at mygnrforum.com

2ho9t3a.jpg

LOL that second photo looks like a bleedin' WAXWORK!!! Currently listening to "Live Era 87-93" when GnR were brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

hope they play here soon. last saw them play in rds at download. great gig missed the first song as therapy were still playing on the other stage , savage day out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

villains77 wrote: »
    last saw them play in rds at download. great gig missed the first song as therapy were still playing on the other stage , savage day out

Welcome To The Jungle

• Advertisement

Not a great quality vid but Axl sounds amazing, especially on Jungle

Oh yeah another surprise show tonight @ The Rose Bar in New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

another suprise gig last night how id love to be in new york now! Setlists look feckin deadly....gnr for slane this year? already confirmed for sweden rock and rumblings about download they'd need a pretty good line up under them tho for the gig IMO as i doubt theyd sell it by themselves as much as i love them but one can hope

Set list

01. You're Crazy
    02. Mr. Brownstone
    03. Used to Love Her
    04. Welcome to the Jungle
    05. Street of Dreams
    06. Sorry
    07. It's So Easy
    08. Patience
    09. Rocket Queen
    10. Catcher in the Rye
    11. My Michelle
    12. Knockin' on Heaven's Door
    13. Whole Lotta Rosie
    14. Sweet Child O'Mine
    15. Nightrain
    16. Paradise City

Guns N Roses and Faith No More for Slane this year would be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

RonMexico wrote: »
    Guns N Roses and Faith No More for Slane this year would be brilliant.

:D lol

Advertisement