Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal gear solid 2 wont work on my PC.

Options
  • 12-02-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

I have Windows7, I tried running it in compatabilty mode to no avail. The screen gos black and i have to use task manager to escape. Would anyone know a way around this? Thanks

My GPU is Nvidia, the game is DX8.
    Other old games work fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

Thanks Luke.

I'll give it a go, but theres an awful amount of steps to get this to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Thanks Luke.

I'll give it a go, but theres an awful amount of steps to get this to work.

The game was a buggy mess on PC release. As I recall I had to do most of the Geforce steps to get it working on XP in the right resolution and even then there were some artifacts/missing textures. It was in the grand tradition of cheap and dirty console->PC ports.

If you have a joypad that's another barrell of laughs to get working with it unless things have changed! Could never get the right stick calibrated properly. Worth it in the end though, it's certainly an "interesting" and "memorable" game. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

Yeah its a bitch to get it working, but that fix does work.

Keyboard control is awful so I must see about getting a gamepad to work on it.

Advertisement