Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestions for a weekly workout schedule

• 12-02-2010 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I am off work next week so was thinking of hitting the training hard in the gym. Can anyone give me suggestions for a weeks solid training program to use. I am 6ft one in height and only 64Kg. Aim is to bulk up another stone at least of solid muscle minimising fat gain. I already go to the gym 3 days a aweek doing weights and on the other days cycle to work (I know I should not do the cardio) but I enjoy it. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

You should post up your current diet and workout. It's possible that you're not eating enough. Putting on muscle mass is near impossible unless you're prepared to eat lots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

Diet is usually

8.30am-3 Weetabix or 50 grams oats with a scoop casein, a scoop pf whey and 200ml of Full fat Milk
    followed by a Maximuscle protein bar and tea

11am- Apple and Yougurt

1.30pm- 2 Slices of grannary bread, 150Grams of Carved Ham and sald

3pm- Apple

5pm-Either a protein shake i.e 2 scoops of protein and water or a protein bar

7pm-200Grams of chciken, 200 grams of veg and about 65 Grams of rice or pasta

9pm- 2 eggs scambeled and 2 slices of granary and peanut butter

10pm- Casein

I also take a daily multivi and drink about 3 litres of water. I alaso drink about 2-3 cups of tea and 2 coffess per day

If I am triaining in the gym I usually go before work i.e 6.30am to 7am and just have a berocca before hand and then a post workout protein shake. Otherdays I cycle to work (about 12 miles each way). On Saturdays I train with weights in the gym. My routine is a full body one (i.e 3 days a week) with a days cardio i.e cycling in between

Squats 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Leg Extensions 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Leg Curls 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Dumbbell Pullovers 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Barbell Overhead Shoulder Press 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Seated Rows 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Bench Press 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Barbell Bicep Curls 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Tricep Extensions 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Weighted Pullups 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Weighted Dips 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Standing Calf Raises 1 X 8 - 12 reps
    Abs - 1 X 10 - 15 reps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

bump

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

billyhead wrote: »

Squats 3x5
    Leg Extensions 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Leg Curls 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Dumbbell Pullovers 1 X 8 - 10 reps

Barbell Overhead Shoulder Press 3 X 8 - 10 reps
    Seated Rows 3 X 8 - 10 reps
    Bench Press 3 X 8 - 10 reps
    Barbell Bicep Curls 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Tricep Extensions 1 X 8 - 10 reps

Weighted Pullups 3 X 8 - 10 reps
    Weighted Dips 3 X 8 - 10 reps
    Standing Calf Raises 1 X 8 - 12 reps
    Abs - 1 X 10 - 15 reps
    be more specific here, not sure what abs you are doing.

That would be my suggestion.

Although on 2nd thoughts, I'd replace leg curls with Stiff leg deadlifts and add glute ham raises as well.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Squat more. Eat more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

do stronglifts or starting strength with dips and chins as assistance, also as colm said eat alot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

That would be my suggestion.

Although on 2nd thoughts, I'd replace leg curls with Stiff leg deadlifts and add glute ham raises as well.
    agreed

Advertisement