Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Theme for a project

• 12-02-2010 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

My wife is doing a photography course, and needs to do a project, which will be put into public exhibition. Does anyone have advice on a good theme she could base her project on? She's asking me, and I don't have a clue.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

you know your wife better than any of us... does she have any interests or hobbies she could shoot. Does she have a favourite poem or song she could base her photos on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Far be it of us to tell you what theme she should be doing. There are as many possible themes as there things you can imagine. The choice should come from her. Then may she can express herself within that. That's what photography is all about. Otherwise she may do herself an injustice. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

yep, it needs to be something that she has a love for, an interest in, a passion about. Otherwise she wont do herself, or the project justice.

You know her better than anyone, have a chat with her. I'm sure shes drawing a blank right now much in the same way a writer can get "blank page syndrome" so you need to help her clarify things.
    Have a look through some of her images and see if anything pops up through them, something she would like to explore more than just the couple of shots she has.

Look at other photographers images, find out what kind of things appeal to her and she "wishes she could do".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Google search brings up this option

Some of these look interesting and challenging enough - even if none of these are 'the one' then it may steer the thought process.

Else just make a more detailed google:p

http://digital-photography-school.com/7-photography-projects-to-jumpstart-your-creativity

Advertisement