Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish online running store www.sub4.ie

Options
  • 12-02-2010 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

There are always people on this forum looking for good online stores for buying running gear. Would just like to alert boardies to a new option:
    www.sub4.ie

It's Irish & good value. In particular there are really good deals on Asics, Adidas & Nike at the moment. I know the guys who set it up - fellow Rathfarnham AC guys, so also good to be getting gear from a local reliable source. You're likely to see the sub4 guys at a race sometime soon, so say hello :)

Hope mods ok with me posting this (from my reading it's in line with guidelines).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Mick Rice

Looks like decent value. If I'm buying online I always prefer to spend with an Irish site than one from outside the country..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Thanks for the link.

They have the Gels I use at a better price than I have been paying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Ordered a pair of GT2140's from these guys yesterday and they arrived this evening, now, thats good service.:) Plus 3 free gels and a Irish runner mag (sept/oct issue). A thumbs up from me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The lunarglides are cheaper than what I get them for from wiggle, even with my platinum discount. If I didn't already have 5 or 6 pairs of runners on the go I'd buy some. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The lunarglides are cheaper than what I get them for from wiggle, even with my platinum discount. If I didn't already have 5 or 6 pairs of runners on the go I'd buy some. :D

I'm actually tempted to try a pair, but they don't have my size :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Bruce Wayne 2

Ordered some SIS gear from the site on Monday morning and arrived on Wednesday in time for my hard session. I work in retail in a different sector and appreciate good service so sub4 got a thumbs up from me. Will be back again and nice to see a new running shop on the scene. The more the merrier if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

I'm actually tempted to try a pair, but they don't have my size :(

Rainbow Kirby i went on to there site looking to see if they had a hr monitor for the garmin they didnt because they didnt sell them seperate six days (would of been four as i emailed them on a sat) later with some correspondence i got my hr monitor. they sold it 20 euro cheaper than in the shops. You should email them and see if they will have your size soon, they are very helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ChemoInf

Looks great!
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

site doesn't seem bad, graphics for the products could be sized properly though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭happy_73

Just took a handful of items and compared them to CRC and Wiggle, the lads in sub4 are looking good - looks like I've found a new place to shop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭PainIsTemporary

Just after getting new pair of Nike Air Pegasus for €65 delivered to me from my friends at www.sub4.ie
    Fantastic value and speedy delivery! Well pleased. They're doing a great job! Definately worth a look... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

I don't want to be a pain in the rear end, but I have to say the address fields on the registration page are not exactly ideal for Irish addresses, especially if you live in rural Ireland.
    Surely filling in the 'post code' and 'city', should be optional, rather than mandatory? 'Suburb' isn't much use for many of us either. :confused:

Good site otherwise, but little nuisances like these may put some people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I think their prices are pretty competitive (particularly gels and hydration belts). Would be great to see some Mizuno shoes in their range. Postage on the other hand, not so good. SIS Starter pack(delivered): Wiggle: €10.84, Sub4: €21.98.
    I want to order from you, I really do. But you're making it so very difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

I've had a couple of orders with sub4.ie at this stage after discovering someone talking about them on twitter a few weeks ago, stuff has always been in my hands the next day too. Any time I have put a query/question into them I always had an answer back within the hour which is a big change to other places I have ordered from.

Seriously cannot recommend them enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sb4

Hi everyone, Eoin from Sub4 here,

We've been keeping an eye on this Sub4 Thread over the last few weeks so many thanks for all your comments and feedback.

Keeping our customers/potential customers happy is our number 1 priority so we've done our best to respond to everything that has been raised.

1. We reduced shipping costs on our SIS range by up to 50% and also reduced the cost of the SIS Energy pack.

Comparing us to Wiggle though is not a fair comparison as Wiggle is a UK company with a turnover of £33million which naturally leads to massive purchasing power discounts for them. We are doing our best to compete though, operating off very small margins across our range to try and attract people to the store.

2. We've also amended the address fields to make them more user friendly for all.

Don't hesitate to get in touch regarding anything else we can help with as you guys will ultimately determine the success of our new business.

The dream is to become the Irish version of Wiggle so we'll try our best to do so by offering excellent value and quick reliable delivery service to our customers.

"Keep on Running"

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Hi Eoin,

Do you have any plans to expand into the triathlon arena? Trisuits, wetsuits etc?

Cheers,

NT

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Good stuff Eoin, and thanks for responding to customer feedback. I wasn't comparing you to Wiggle, I was comparing the price of one of your products, which in this instance, just didn't work out (by more than 100%). I'm looking forward to supporting your products and services, as soon as I find something I need at a price-point that makes it worthwhile. I would much rather buy from a local Irish company, particularly a startup.

Would you consider offering customers the opportunity to pick up their product, instead of paying postage?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

looks nice, not a great selection though.

Mizuno and Saucony shoes would be a good addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sb4

Getting back to a few points from today regarding Sub4 - all feedback much appreciated...

1. NT - Trisuits/Wetsuits is something we have looked at and hope to supply soon. We are official suppliers of 2XU so this will probably be the first brand we'll get in. If you would like us to get you a 2xu trisuit, drop me a line at sales@sub4.ie and we'll get one in with our next 2xu delivery as it may be a few weeks before we have our tri-athlon section fully up and running.

2. Krusty - thanks for the good feedback. We are at alot of the races in Dublin (either racing or watching) so please feel free to drop me a line and we'll arrange to supply things to you or anyone else in person with no delivery charge of course.

3. Regarding Mizuno, we are awaiting a response from their supplier here to provide us with their full range so hopefully we'll have them in stock soon as they seem to be a growing brand. Apart from that, I genuinely feel we have a excellent range of runners available from the three leading brands, Asics, Nike and Adidas. We are also hoping to get racers and track spikes in over the coming weeks so that will add to the selection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

I purchased a pair of Kayano 15s a couple of weeks back, tought the price was reasonable, swift delivery and a few free gels in the box, nice touch. I will defo be back again. I also won a free entry to the Great Ireland Run. Happy Days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

2. Krusty - thanks for the good feedback. We are at alot of the races in Dublin (either racing or watching) so please feel free to drop me a line and we'll arrange to supply things to you or anyone else in person with no delivery charge of course.

That would be mega actually, you may be my new lunarglides supplier if thats the case. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Mr Amazing 2

Just an idea here, but if could you guys arrange for a van this would be fantastic advertising for your site and there's alway some hanging around time between reg and race start so people would appricated the distraction and would be happy to talk all things running.
    Also people would see all the good runners picking up there running gear and that would be a great endrousement.
    Finally this would really play up the local irish angle and not just some faceless foreign website.
    You could also sell all the gels/drinks/rain jackets etc (all the stuff i usually forget to bring) to cover the fuel cost.

best of luck with the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Their Nike runner prices are definitely cheaper than most shops. Will probably do the usual thing of going to the shop to try them on and then ordering online :D

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭earnyourturns

Another new fan here, ordered the Asics 2150 on Monday and they arrived today. Emailed them with a query and a prompt and helpful response as well.

Thumbs up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 clonliffe 22

great site,hope to see more racing shoes!!!
    Love the name sub4(we can only dream):D

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

great site,hope to see more racing shoes!!!
    Love the name sub4(we can only dream):D

It means sub 4 hour marathon ..... right?!! (ahem!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Just received my new Nike Pegasus from sub4.ie. Order was placed on Saturday morning and seeing as Monday was a Bank Holiday I thought I would be waiting much longer.

Price was slightly less than most shops, even with the cost of delivery (€6) included in that. Sent them a question regarding delivery and the reply was quite prompt. The free supplements were a nice touch too :)

Thumbs up from me sub4, would definitely shop there again, I like that I didn't have to order from the UK this time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭PainIsTemporary

Got an email from Sub4 today. Shipping costs in Ireland now reduced, from 3, max shipping cost now 6 even if buying a number of items. Already great value. Even better now. Happy days!!! :D

www.sub4.ie

Advertisement