Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish online running store www.sub4.ie

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thats good site.

Need to change to a neutral shoe now and was looking at the Lunar, bit weary though changing to Nike as have been a NB wearer now which I found good for the adventure running.

Any sign of New Balance shoes there .sub4?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cocotechie

I had been looking for a particular spike for my daughter and after reading the posts here on boards I contacted sub4 and I have to say they were great. They had not got the one's she wanted at this time but went out of their way to point me in the right direction as she needed them asap, brill customer service and I have to say on the basis of first impressions and customer service they are second to none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Hi guys, it does look like a good site but it also looks like boards Ltd is being used to self promote, so maybe look into adverts.ie.
    Thanks

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It costs about 3 euro for 1000 ads targetted to a specific area of the site.

Thats good value too and I just wanted to let you all know. :):)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

DeVore wrote: »
    It costs about 3 euro for 1000 ads targetted to a specific area of the site.

Thats good value too and I just wanted to let you all know. :):)

DeV.

Hi DeVore,

can I remind you of our charter, specifically, "If you're trying to sell something consider adverts.ie, if you want to link it here, please pm a mod first to check. This covers used equipment, website links, product promotions or race / event promotion."

thank you,
    -donothoponpop (Moderator)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You cheeky pup! :D:p

I was being facetious but touché sir, touché.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

... as the locals might say.

My new pair of Kayanos arrived first thing this morning, ordered them late Monday night. Almost €30 cheaper then any other Irish outlet I could find, plus an old copy of Irish Runner magazine thrown in. Thanks to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

Does anybody know is this gone to the wall or is the website just down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

ronnie085 wrote: »
    Does anybody know is this gone to the wall or is the website just down?

They were operating fine yesterday, so I'd say its just a website issue.
    Hi DeVore,

^ Probably my finest hour on Boards, back in the good old days when I used be fun- I love self-reference and tangled hierarchies.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sb4

Still very much alive and kicking, our server is down today though, we are on the case with our IT company and trying to resolve asap.
    thanks
    Sub4 team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

Good stuff, might treat myself to a few goodies :-)

quick note to say the site is back up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

^ Probably my finest hour on Boards, back in the good old days when I used be fun- I love self-reference and tangled hierarchies.:D

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

He used to be cool, but all the power went to his head. he's changed, man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 wishihadalife

I am having trouble accessing the site again today , anyone else?

Apologies "iwishihadalife" for down time at start of week. We had to get work on the site to fix our home page. Back up all week - wish I studied IT programming in college, it would save us having to call in the IT calvary for any IT problems!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Site seems to be down today.
    I had kit in my basket earlier, went to checkout site disappeared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Jnealon wrote: »
    Site seems to be down today.
    I had kit in my basket earlier, went to checkout site disappeared
    'Accounted Suspended'. You broke the internet:pac:

Site back up guys, IT gremlins now eliminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

sb4 wrote: »
    Site back up guys, IT gremlins now eliminated.

I had terrible problems the other night. Ended up going to the oposition i am afraid. Had items in hte basket. Thats as far as I got I am afraid. Last time I rang hte number and got 3 pairs of runners a few days later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 stamfordbridge

It's a great little site but I'm afraid you'll have to let go of your "IT experts" - the amount of business you're losing with this "account suspended" stuff must add up to a lot. To let it happen once is ok, but if it's repeatedly happening, you'll have to seriously rectify it or you'll get a reputation that you don't deserve.

Other that the site issues, major well done for the set up & competitive pricing as well as fast customer service.

Thanks for feedback Stamford Bridge. Admittingly, the IT issues are breaking our heart. After todays second site fail in two days, our "IT experts" are getting the sack. If anyone would like to PM me details of someone who would like to earn a few quid and can upgrade website code and help keep a website "live", please dont hesitate to call!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

Are sub4.ie still trading? Web site seems to have been down for some time now...

figs wrote: »
    Are sub4.ie still trading? Web site seems to have been down for some time now...

We're rebuilding the the back-end of the site at the moment which will hopefully stop any future downtime so the site has been offline while we work on it. We should be back up in the next 24 hours. One step backwards for two steps forward hopefully.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

sb4 wrote: »
    We're rebuilding the the back-end of the site at the moment which will hopefully stop any future downtime so the site has been offline while we work on it. We should be back up in the next 24 hours. One step backwards for two steps forward hopefully.

Perhaps put up a notice as at the moment its returning as white page for me

[edit] now showing SQL error

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

@ sb4

Is there any chance we will see some XC shoes like salomon on the site anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Qustion still stands open?

No plans for the salamon range at the moment, alot of suppliers look for contracts to buy x amount per year and demand for salamon just wouldn't be high enough for us to supply. Any of the bigger brands like Nike or adidas xc range wouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Site seems to be down again my computer won't let me access page in case of virus

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Site seems to be down again my computer won't let me access page in case of virus

Working fine here on Firefox 18.0 on OSX

Advertisement