Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Milltown Kildare,Eircom can only provide 1MB and want E52 for it!

Options
  • 12-02-2010 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Moving house the weekend and i got the line connected yesterday and got on them today to see what they can offer on my line and as the title says the only option on my line is 1MB for E52.
    They blame it on the line as i am bordering Newbridge and Rathangan and on the edge of Ranthangans service.
    Anybody live out my way and can advise of something else?seems steep for a no option package.
    Mobile service is dodgy in places too so not sure if a dongle modem would work good either plus i wanted to go wireless through the house.
    Or is the 1MB package good?has anyone used it?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Check with the wireless providers.
    We got Digiweb Metro because our phone line was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Check with the wireless providers.
    We got Digiweb Metro because our phone line was awful.

Thanks mate,i`ll give them a try.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I got Irish Broadband for the parents, they're in Allen. Never any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Just to finish off on thread,i went for Vodafone at Home.

Good package and generous download allowance (40Gigs) and up to 3MB off peak for E40pm.
    Quite happy with them and the speed on the landline is adequate.

Eircom wanted to charge me the same with no choice but 1MB speed and only 10 Gigs with no tailoring,their loss.

Advertisement