Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My poor cat

Options
  • 12-02-2010 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

I haven't been here in a while - no longer able to view boards at work! :rolleyes:

But need to vent today - a couple of weeks ago my poor little cat broke a bone in her foot and has had a big bandage around her leg since. She has been really depressed since because she isn't allowed outside at all, and the bandage is irritating her a lot. Since this has happened, shes just been hiding behind the sofa all the time (or sleeping on top of a radiator) and won't play or let me pet her.

I realised yesterday when I came home from work that she had messed with the bandage and pushed it down her leg - so it was sticking off the end of her foot. but it also seemed that she had a reaction to the material, and her leg underneath was all raw, sore and weeping.

So - back to the vet this morning! The bandage is now off and I have instructions to keep her on level surfaces only - no jumping on chairs etc (going to be difficult to keep her off the radiator!)- but now she has a cone around her head! She is going to go crazy!

Milly has always been a bit of a sensitive cat and hates anything "at" her. She hates being carried. Won't tolerate a collar even! They have to sedate her at the vets to do anything as she is so cranky about being poked at.

I'm going to have to clear a room of furniture this weekend and limit her to that one room in the house while she keeps the cone on her head so she won't lick off the cream for the leg sore. Bloody hell!

As I said - just needed to vent!

If anyone also has a cranky/depressed cat who managed to find a way to cheer them up - I'd welcome suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

The poor cat, don't you just love the vets "no jumping" rules.
    Clearing a room seems like a great idea, how about a big pillow by the rad?
    As for cheering her up....not sure there, but you could try some catnip or there was a thread about valerian for cats recently, it may be useful for calming her if she gets agitated.
    I have a puppy Kong ball here you stuff with dry food and as it rolls bits come out, my cat loves it(he's a pig) and I sometimes put cat food in it for him. You could try something like that for her to keep busy, although not sure how it would work with the cone.

Advertisement