Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Built up Balsa Planes

Options
  • 12-02-2010 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Any tips or pointers that would be useful when building up balsa planes? I have a small Dumas plane that I got as a present and I'm working on it at the moment.It has gotten me really interested in building them.
    I went out and bought two Guillows larger scale planes, a spitfire and Cessna 172.
    The Dumas one is only a 17" wingspan, but the Guillows ones are 27 and 36 inch spans.
    I am not looking to r/c them, just leave them rubber powered for a bit of free flight.

So any building tip would be appreciated. One I found is a wooden floor underlay tile is great for a building board!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

I built a kadet senior from a kit a few years ago...very time consuming!

I used a small sheet of plasterboard to build on.....you can get small sheets.

As far as tips go....when using ca glue, use a tiny drop of thin ca to glue it, then make a little fillet with thick ca. I used the Zap stuff.

Have a look at some of the ben buckle kits....a lot of them can be made free flight or powered.

Advertisement