Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voluntary Redundancy Question

Options
  • 12-02-2010 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi guys, i was wondering if anyone could help me out with this.

Since the start of October i have been put on 3 day weeks with the job but I found out monday that we have to take a 10% paycut now also. If I was to ask for voluntary redundacy would they have to give it to me or could they refuse?Any advise would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

They can refuse it but you can also refuse the reduction of your wage which means either they don't redeuce it, they reduce it and you can take them to court over it or that they make your position redundant and pay out at least minimum redundancy (2 weeks per year worked + 1 week, minimum working time 2 years).

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Did you agree to be reduced to a 3 day week?

If not, and your contract stipulates a 5 day, 40 hour week then you didn't have to accept that either.

However since you haven't brought that up before now I dont think there would be much you can do about that at this stage, but if you dont accept the paycut then they cant force you to take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MrDap

Cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭oppiuy

So if a company wants to cut pay and you refuse what could or normally happens then. Would there be any laws that protect you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

oppiuy wrote: »
    So if a company wants to cut pay and you refuse what could or normally happens then. Would there be any laws that protect you
    See my first post for the answer; normal laws apply and normal ways to get around them also applies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement