Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CF Cards - Bargain Alert

• 12-02-2010 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭

happened upon a Curry's...

anyway,

went in to see how their CF stock was, wondering if they had any hi-speed writes

answer: No

however, I did get 2 of these for €10 ! 12/02/10

€5 for a 2GB Sandisk Extreme III

I know they won't suit everybody (I shoot RAW+JPEG Fine on a D200 so these cards will only hold 78 shots in my circumstances) however at €5 a pop they are cheap enough to keep in your pocket!

SandiskBargain.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

What branch? Are they on display or hidden away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭ciaranmc

I would also like to know in which branch would be handy to have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

There was a big thread about Currys and cheap memory cards last year:) Here is a link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

just to let people know from looking at that receipt, the discount is at the manager's discretion. What that simply means is that the assistant applied a discount that wasn't an offer and will likely face a talk from his manager because that should never be used without the manager putting the transaction through or without their permission.

On the bright side, At least I know to look out for Stephen when calling by next time to get a cheap card :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

I was passing through Navan, the Currys is located on the Cavan side of Navan on the N3 in a retail park, I dont know the name of it.

@ gs39t - Funny that you ask, they were hidden away! however I asked what had they (I was looking for the latest gen cards which they dont have) then they went to a cupboard in the corner and they had boxes of them in there.

@ Swingking - The Manager is the guy that stated the price, he said 'they are on special offer 2 for a Tenner'

3 staff members were present.

It made my day - thats why I am sharing the info.

A real bargain for me, based on my usage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Brilliant. I'll check them out. Thanks for sharing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

These guys also have good deals on, plus they are Irish

http://www.memoryc.com/flashmemorycards/cfcompact.html

I have bought off them in past, very good to deal with A+++

Advertisement