Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Clontarf Road to Swords?

Options
  • 12-02-2010 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there's a bus from Clontarf Road near the dart station that will take me to swords village, wherever Wright's is.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

LA3G wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there's a bus from Clontarf Road near the dart station that will take me to swords village, wherever Wright's is.

Thanks

No such bus route exists..go into town and catch a bus to swords from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

You could walk along Fairview Strand, down Richmond Road and onto Drumcondra Road and get the 41 from there to Swords. It's about a 15 minute walk altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

cosmic wrote: »
    You could walk along Fairview Strand, down Richmond Road and onto Drumcondra Road and get the 41 from there to Swords. It's about a 15 minute walk altogether.

Clontarf road to to Drumcondra in 15 minutes? It's 2.3km so 25-30 might be more accurate.

I don't know Swords that well but would the 43 (from Fairview to Swords Business Park) be any use to the OP?

markpb wrote: »
    Clontarf road to to Drumcondra in 15 minutes?

Yep, I've done it countless times. Maybe I walk fast. Perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

cosmic wrote: »
    Yep, I've done it countless times. Maybe I walk fast. Or maybe I'm just right.

You walk at twice the average walking speed for men and never have to stop at traffic lights? It must be great powering past all those normal pedestrians :)

• Advertisement

You walk at twice the average walking speed for men and never have to stop at traffic lights? It must be great powering past all those normal pedestrians :)

About as great as having an answer for everything, I presume

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Clontarf road to to Drumcondra in 15 minutes? It's 2.3km so 25-30 might be more accurate.

I don't know Swords that well but would the 43 (from Fairview to Swords Business Park) be any use to the OP?

43 would be the job. Only about 1 an hour so you'd have to time it right, then get off in Swords village

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Thanks

Is it the Wright Venue you're looking for? That's not in the village, that's in Airside Retail Park. Special Wrights buses go from Dawson St to Wrights at the weekends for 10 euro return as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Thanks for the replies.

It's been suggested to me that I'm better off getting a bus into town to catch a 41/41c on abbey street rather than risk missing the 43 and/or having to wait on it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,214 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Or get the 104 bus from Clontarf Dart station up towards Santry and catch the Swords buses up there.

104 timetable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Thanks for the replies.

It's been suggested to me that I'm better off getting a bus into town to catch a 41/41c on abbey street rather than risk missing the 43 and/or having to wait on it?

It can't be that difficult to judge when the 43 is going to show up!! Use the timetable on the link below - just get yourself to Fairview at the time the bus is due to leave Lower Abbey Street or just after and you won't go wrong. It will generally take about 10 minutes to get to Fairview and then about 35/40 minutes to Swords from there.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/43/

Advertisement