Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Antivirus package are you using?

• 12-02-2010 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Well, you say in your "How not to get banned" thread that
    "Thou Shall Not Talk About Cracking And Hacking"...
    Is it very wise?
    I actually do that for a living...
    There is nothing wrong with that...
    I actually teach security administrators how to defend their networks and to be able to do so I need to...
    Hack their systems...
    Crack their softwares...
    And also... You talk about admin password...Ahem...:eek:
    I think that people should be made aware of the way of cracking so they can protect themselves...
    I would love people to answer this poll as much as possible, I kinda already know what the answer will be but then I will surprise them with a very hidden fact about that answer...
    Fancy that? Here it is....
    (Well what do you know... The poll is actually on top...

What Antivirus package are you using? 12 votes

Norton
    0% 0 votes
    AVG
    16% 2 votes
    AVAST
    41% 5 votes
    PANDA
    41% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

FLievre wrote: »
    I would love people to answer this poll as much as possible, I kinda already know what the answer will be but then I will surprise them with a very hidden fact about that answer...

Are you Derren Brown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Landyaddict

Tick tock tick tock

wonder how long this will last.

But back on topic,

Yeah ur right people should know the dangers and to under stand they should know how its done in the real world.

Thats why there are white hat and black hat hackers.
    Those who work in the industry and help protect
    and those who try to break into the industry

Yin and Yang
    Black and white

Two sides to .....oh you know what I mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

updated the title of the thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭FLievre

But few peoples make the difference...
    And also I have to admit that some people deserve to be cracked...
    Seriously... Not to harm their system but to shut them up...

Leobin wrote: »
    Are you Derren Brown?

Excuse my ignorance there but.. Who?
    (Seriously the name rings a bell but...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Landyaddict

You know Derren Brown, The guy off Channel 4

Yeah I checked, sorry about that, magicians ain't my stuff really...
    Why did you say that??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Poll FAIL.

Where's Kapersky, MSE, COMODO and most importanly OTHER!

I know I ****ed up... but no way to edit...:(
    Unless there is one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,232 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I actually do that for a living...
    There is nothing wrong with that...
    I actually teach security administrators how to defend their networks and to be able to do so I need to...
    Hack their systems...
    Crack their softwares...
    But few peoples make the difference...
    And also I have to admit that some people deserve to be cracked...
    Seriously... Not to harm their system but to shut them up...
    So you claim you make a living out of being a Corporate White-Hacker, but in your free time would be agreeable to maliciously Hacking someone because you felt They deserved it, or you just wanted to "Shut Them Up"?
    Well, you say in your "How not to get banned" thread that
    "Thou Shall Not Talk About Cracking And Hacking"...
    Is it very wise?
    Im fairly sure I never used any such language in that Post. I dont have a God Complex. Or Methusala or who ever carved out that thing

There are many places on the internet you can go to talk about Hacking and Cracking and Pirating. Im pretty sure Boards.ie doesn't want to be one of them, but you could always bring that up with admins.

• Advertisement

I do contract as a white hacker yes and have been quite successful with a certain amount of corporations in Limerick...
    I also said that the black stuff didn't harm any systems... Just annoyance and most importantly no viruses...
    As per my language, well that is my choice you like it or not, don't give a toss and since the internet is known for being a place of free speech well I will say what I want where I want while in the mean time respecting the rules...
    As for the language you use or never use well, that is your problem really...
    I guess it is a variation of sense of humour and way of saying things.
    Well, apart that Adolph, I have nothing else to say to you...
    Have a nice day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

ZoneAlarm Antivirus for me....as said before Poll Fail!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

MS security essentials.

I know!!! There is no way to edit the bleeding poll!!!!
    Geeeesh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,232 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I do contract as a white hacker yes and have been quite successful with a certain amount of corporations in Limerick...
    I also said that the black stuff didn't harm any systems... Just annoyance and most importantly no viruses...
    As per my language, well that is my choice you like it or not, don't give a toss and since the internet is known for being a place of free speech well I will say what I want where I want while in the mean time respecting the rules...
    As for the language you use or never use well, that is your problem really...
    I guess it is a variation of sense of humour and way of saying things.
    Have a nice day...
    You wanted an answer as to why its not to be discussed on this forum and you got it: The Potential for Abuse. And you yourself admit to abusing it.

Just because I have pirated software doesn't mean I need to discuss it here, or infer that other Users are Nazis.
    I know!!! There is no way to edit the bleeding poll!!!!
    Geeeesh....
    The Mods can change it, PM one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Play nice, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

I'm a little bit confused here, why are you SO interested in what antivirus people use? Surely you'd have a fair idea yourself, and I think that there's already been a thread and poll on this subject, the search function would have sufficed..

My only guess is that being a hacker, you can, i dont know, hack into peoples computers via their antivirus or some such, but this being boards, you cannot discus illegal activity (and i'd rather not know what you can do!)

So, back to my original question, why so interested?

Well first of all the word abuse needs to be define.
    The second thing is... I didn't infer anything... You did... It is called a slip you see... Call someone Adolph and if the guy gets angry or feel threathened will get wrong idea... Why NAZI? Is that the only Adolph around? What about...
    - Adolph Luetgert
    - Adolph Green
    And most and foremost...
    - Adolph Kiefer

But then again, as you said in your profile, you're too busy beating up old people eh?

I will ask the mods though, that was an interesting thing to say...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

MS security essentials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

the internet is known for being a place of free speech

There is no freedom of speech on boards.ie. Just FYI like. And since you've posted since I started replying: Don't be smart. You implied Adolph Hitler and we all know it. Arguing otherwise just serves to make me think that it's more likely you're a troll.

• Advertisement

I will tell you in PM but not too worry nothing about hacking or cracking or damaging...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Atari.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement