Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bye-election!

Options
  • 12-02-2010 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Just wondering what we think of the bye-election to replace Pat the Cope - who are the runners and riders? Are there any Independents running? What are the chances of FF retaining the seat in Donegal South West?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

dont get excited, there'll be no by elecetion until the next general election FF wont want to risk losing the seat - however dim the possibilty of winning it

and no-one has declared they are running - i thiink

dont hold your breath there is no time limit set in the statutes as to when they have to run it by, they would rather leave us without representation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Beez Neez

I understood that Frank Mc Brearty (of the Morris Tribunal "fame") was selected for Labour.

I agree - it's a disgrace that they are leaving us short representation - esp when the Tanaiste is doing such a good job of representing us anyway!!

Though that Tom Conaghan from Donegal Town would have thrown his aht in the ring - when the election is called that is!

Interesting times ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

So with George Lee's seat empty are FF gonna leave two constituencies without full representation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 banthebrick

i guarantee dublin south won't be left without representation as long as donegal sw was. there is mary 'i go missing for weeks on end as the country hemorrhages jobs' coughlan and an empty seat in the constituency. why hasn't it been filled yet and why is our county under represented???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

i guarantee dublin south won't be left without representation as long as donegal sw was. there is mary 'i go missing for weeks on end as the country hemorrhages jobs' coughlan and an empty seat in the constituency. why hasn't it been filled yet and why is our county under represented???
    Because Donegal will, as it has always done in the past, continue to support FF. Therefore, resources, personnel and any kind of political consideration will be devoted to other areas that have to be wooed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

AFAIK, they cant hold any election without holding the Donegal by-election and it looks like the Dublin mayor election will be in June, so the two by-elections will run that day also.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

is there any truth that Con Underwood could be in the running ?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Vote For Con!

n613241680_1975144_1174.jpg

For the uninitiated - who is Con Underwood???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

so long as we're not under-represented in Europe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Senna wrote: »
    AFAIK, they cant hold any election without holding the Donegal by-election and it looks like the Dublin mayor election will be in June, so the two by-elections will run that day also.

well they managed not to have it with the lisbon vote and i dont think we will be voting for the dublin mayor so i doubt that date will be to the forefront of any FF mind

i doubt there will be any contest here untill the next general election

feels a letter to mary coming on

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

Beez Neez wrote: »
    For the uninitiated - who is Con Underwood???

he's the town drunk/bum also knowen as THE CON and sometimes gos under the name Con Thunderwood.... some say he is 369 years old and has gills behind his ears and 12 toes :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

he's the town drunk/bum also knowen as THE CON and sometimes gos under the name Con Thunderwood.... some say he is 369 years old and has gills behind his ears and 12 toes :eek:

However, He does provide a very informative service to the tourists who come into the town...By telling them to F%(k Off! back to their own country!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

well they managed not to have it with the lisbon vote and i dont think we will be voting for the dublin mayor so i doubt that date will be to the forefront of any FF mind

i doubt there will be any contest here untill the next general election

feels a letter to mary coming on

Lisbon wasn't an election, it was a referendum, i thinks that's the reason. It doesn't mater if we aren't voting on the Dublin Mayor, they cant run that election without the two By-elections. But it looks like it wont be this year anyway,

Never mind the bye election! With two resignations in one week I'd say that the odds on a general election in the next few months have shortened considerably. I'm with the conspiracy theorists on the grassy knoll on this one ! Bet ya the FF'ers were so peed off with losing the Willie last week that they went out looking for a head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

LoanShark wrote: »
    Vote For Con!

n613241680_1975144_1174.jpg

Would I be right in saying this guy hangs about Texaco on the Killybegs at times and can bee seen thumping on the Mountcharles by-pass at other times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Carrickman wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying this guy hangs about Texaco on the Killybegs at times and can bee seen thumping on the Mountcharles by-pass at other times?

Yep, basically a psycho in any other country but a "character" in Ireland.

Advertisement