Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elite freezing but works without Hard drive

• 12-02-2010 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi Guys,

I've done some searching on this, but haven't found someone having the exact same issue, so I said I try posting this.

I know from the title it looks straight forward , but hear me out.

My Elite started freezing at different times, with different games and even just at the dashboard.

If I take the Hard drive out, it gives me the 3 Red Rings, but it works fine, plays games and everything.

I was on to Microsoft, and they said it does sound like the Hard Drive, but I'm a bit worried about the 3 red rings also. I don't want to send the Hard drive back to get the RROD a week or so later.

Has anyone got any ideas, could it be the 360?

I'm going to get a loan of another hard drive to see if it happens with that, but just thought I post this to see what you guys think.

Cheers
    D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I got red rings and an E68 error on my kids xbox recently. I took out the HD and it worked. Then I put the HD back in and it worked fine since. It may just be connection problem with your HD makre sure you get a good fit when you seat it back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Try clearing your hard drives cache (system,memory,delete cache)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 DJW7

Yeah, sorry, meant to say it, I cleared the cache a couple of times and also took the hard drive out a couple of times, still go the same result when I put the hard drive back in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 DJW7

Right, here's the update, thanks for your responses.

I got my old Xbox back from my brother, and put that hard drive in, and it red ringed and got the E79 error message.

I took the hard drive out and it still red ringed again, something it didn't do before.

I then tried my current hard drive in my old 360 and it worked fine.

So its gone back to MS now to be fixed.

Thank god I have my old one to get me through the next couple of weeks!

Cheers
    D

Advertisement