Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband and HD in Kilbarrack/D5

• 12-02-2010 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Could anyone tell me of their experiences with UPC broadband/HD service in Kilbarrack/d5?

I'm reluctant to loose my Sky but my broadband service with eircom is ****e.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

Surely somebody here must have experience of UPC broadband/HD in kilbarrack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

What does HD have to do with broadband ? For downloading sure i see the connection, but for viewing ? :confused:

I'm just trying to find out if the service is any good in Kilbarrack, i'll be leaving eircom and sky.

My broadband with eircom is terribly slow and I was thinking of getting the Fibre Ultimate package with 15mb broadband and HD.

If you can get upc , you should get it.It's downfall is only the contention which % not many can really say.

I still don't see the hd connection tbh.If your tv package has hd i doubt your broadband connection has fook all to do with it, unless downloading hd of course....

Is the HD any good?

• Advertisement

From what i gather, HD comes from a source and has nothing to do with broadband.If npcs version of HD is anything like their tv then yes i would be worried.Their tv package is pretty poor from my account of them and probably most peoples.If it rains you lose your tv.Cant be sure they have invested in anything to keep HD tv up when analogue goes down tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Kilbarrack was a completely rebuilt around 3 years ago so you should have an excellent network. The picture quality is great on the HD box. Currenly it only has a limited number of HD channels but this looks set to expand over 2010. Have a look cable tv forum for more info.

Advertisement