Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roll up shoes

• 12-02-2010 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭

You know those shoes you can get that you can roll up and put in your handbag? Does anyone have them?

I just saw some in the window of fran&jane but they were quite expensive - €39! Ive seen cheaper versions for €25 and my sister got branded 1s online for cheaper again - just googled and i think its these: http://www.rollasole.com - i think i heard somewhere that in the US they have vending machines of them in clubs (i hope i didnt just make that up :pac: but i think its a GREAT idea)

I usually have a pair of €4 penneys flats in my bag on a night out, im wondering if the roll up shoes would be any smaller and more useful or not :)

edit: i just had a proper look at their website and they DO have vending machines! theres a list of clubs in the uk that have them :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I got them in Dunnes before Christmas. They came in a cute little box too. Not sure if they're still there or not. Think they were €8. So handy though, I always carried flats in my bag but these take up much less room!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I got them through Avon, if you know any reps. They are such a godsend when you're waiting around for a taxi and even better when you have to walk home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Kormeera X

Nightwish wrote: »
    I got them through Avon, if you know any reps. They are such a godsend when you're waiting around for a taxi and even better when you have to walk home.
    never even heard of them until now. but they sound interesting.......roll up shoes.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 little red

my mum got me a pair of the redfoot ones for christmas and they are brilliant! Saved me and a friend from walking home barefoot different times lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Oasis use to sell them, don't know if they still do though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I actually read a write up in a paper last summer about those vending machines. Supposedly they have some in the uk, and they were hoping to bring them to Ireland sometime this year. However they only last for 5 to 10 wears, and I think they were 10 or 15 euro. So your feet would want to be seriously bad to pay that money!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I got them in Dunnes before Christmas. They came in a cute little box too. Not sure if they're still there or not. Think they were €8. So handy though, I always carried flats in my bag but these take up much less room!

Yeah I saw them in Dunnes too although it was before Christmas too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I got a pair of really cool Gola ones in Schuh a few years ago and although they weren't quite as compact as the ones here they were pretty damn small, still have them and I wore them loads. Really nice design on the outside of them too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

The Redfoot ones are amazing. They have a split in the sole so that they fold as opposed to roll. They can be worn all day too, which I have done on holidays and stuff- they're deadly space savers! The lack of support kind of hurts if you're walking for any long period of time but they're handy in emergency situations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

I saw them in Arnotts and Dunnes before Christmas, but I didn't have the cash with me to buy them (it was either them or Christmas presents, and I thought the latter were more important!). Apart from the fact that they 'rolled up' properly, I didn't see much difference between them and the cheap ballet pumps from Pennys. The latter work brilliantly for me, and they actually roll up quite small, too! Plus they were much cheaper! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

A friend of mine showed me a pair she bought in Penny's last week. I must pop in at some stage and buy them.

Advertisement