Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best htpc cpu cooler

Options
  • 12-02-2010 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Hi (again),

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to a good cooler that performs close to silently. I was looking at the corsair self contained water cooler, but its a bit pricey at 75 euro. Was looking at the cheapish but decent looking Nexus 2300/3000 on Komplett - the 3000 looks a bit big for the case though (nox media 2). Any suggestions welcome. The build will be:

Corsair 520w hx
    nox media 2
    vapor-x 4890
    1x120mm fan
    1x80mm fan (both yet to be decided as per other thread)

Want it to be relatively quiet - in my current build, a combo of arctic freezer, ram cooler and akasa fans has it pretty loud, irritatingly so.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Noctua have a couple of low profile heatsinks that I've heard good things about. Like all Noctua they are pretty pricey though.

NH-C12P
    NH-U9B

Advertisement