Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danger of emails

Options
  • 12-02-2010 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭

A Galway couple decided to go to Spain to thaw out during a particularly icy winter. They planned to stay at the same hotel whwre they spent their honeymood twenty years earlier. Besuase of hectic schedules it was difficult to coordinate their travel so the husband left Shannon and flew to Barcelona on Thurdsay, with his wife flying down the next day.

The husband checked into the hotel. There was a computer in his room so he decided to send an email to his wife. However, he accidentally left out one letter in her email address, and without realising his error, he sent the email.

Meanwhile, in Dublin, a widow had just returned home from her husband's funeral. He was a Church of Ireland minister who had dies following a heart attack. The widor decided to check her emails, expecting messages of condolence from relatives and friends. After reading the first message she screamed and fainted.

Her son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor, and saw the computer screen which read:

To my loving wife.
    Subject: I've arrived.
    Date: 16th october 2008

I know you're surprised to hear from me. They have computers here and now you're allowed to email your loved ones. I've just arrived and checked in, and I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then! Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.

PS: It's f****g hot down here!!

Comments

Advertisement