Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mousasi severs ties with M-1 Global

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

How many more fights has he left on his Srikeforce contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Kazooie wrote: »
    How many more fights has he left on his Srikeforce contract?

1 more but I think he still owes DREAMs some fights [not sure on how many though] So Mousasi in the UFC by early 2011 is believeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    1 more but I think he still owes DREAMs some fights [not sure on how many though] So Mousasi in the UFC by early 2011 is believeable.

I thought he had 2 more with SF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I thought he had 2 more with SF?

It could be possible. I keep hearing he only 1 left so who knows for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He's the Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion. Their champion's clause is even more restrictive than the UFC's, so he's going to have to lose the title in a fight before he leaves Strikeforce unless he's prepared for a possible drawn-out legal battle

EDIT: Hang on, I may have mixed them up with Belator

Even if Mousasi loses his belt before his contract ends then Strikeforce can extend his contract by another year if they want to. I think he signed a two year contract, so it could be more than two more years before he can go to the UFC

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Fozzy wrote: »
    He's the Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion. Their champion's clause is even more restrictive than the UFC's, so he's going to have to lose the title in a fight before he leaves Strikeforce unless he's prepared for a possible drawn-out legal battle

EDIT: Hang on, I may have mixed them up with Belator

Even if Mousasi loses his belt before his contract ends then Strikeforce can extend his contract by another year if they want to. I think he signed a two year contract, so it could be more than two more years before he can go to the UFC

Those Russians know how to structure a contract dont they? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

rovert wrote: »
    Those Russians know how to structure a contract dont they? :pac:

They may have gotten him better terms than that but that's the standard clause in Strikeforce contracts

Advertisement