Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it just me...

• 12-02-2010 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

But I use Eircom broadband and I get good speed during the day (around 500/600 K downloads) but when it comes to about 17:30 the speed goes right down...
    Any ideas?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

People are at work/college etc during the day therefore not as much traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭FLievre

I thought of that but that should be counter balanced with people being off work... No?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

FLievre wrote: »
    I thought of that but that should be counter balanced with people being off work... No?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

you're sharing with 23 other (probably 1:24 contention) domestic users.

while internet traffic in general might be lower in the evening with businesses not pumping out emails etc. your line is shared with households, and that's the cause of the drop in performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,232 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Its Clare not Silicon Valley. Commercial Traffic in the Ennis area cannot be at all that heavy - emails and placing orders and things. Residential use is what really takes a bite out of it, streaming videos and playing games, downloading software and pirate media. and frankly thats the same story almost anywhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement