Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerry Ryan Radio Show Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

tbh wrote: »
    I'm sick of this - 3 day ban. Next time will be 3 months. I'm not going to keep telling you to stop with the obsession on other peoples posts.

Huzzah. About time too.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

eth0_ wrote: »
    Can someone explain why my last post on this thread was deleted? I received no PM from a moderator..

as slidey said, it was totally off-topic. If you need me to send you a message to tell you that asking one poster to forward you a PM from another poster is not acceptable, then that message will also include the duration of your ban for posting off-topic.
    Next time you need an explanation, please use the PM facility - this thread is hard enough to keep on topic as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

There he goes again talking about "When I left school back in 1974, there was absolutely nothing. No economy, no jobs, no future"
    This is a blatant lie.
    Compared to now, 1974 was economic heaven. There's close to half a million unemployed today. Back in 1974, it was nearer to 70,000.
    And everyone who left school then had excellent employment prospects.
    This man is talking utter bull****. Fact.

Gerry Ryan, "Man of the People" is pontificating again. :mad:

Still trying to say there was nothing there in 1974 when he left college and the situation is much better now blah blah blah.

Erm, not everybodys a millionaire like you Gerry. I know its hard to believe but some people are genuinely worried about the current situation. In fact people are in the gutter with no prospects and thinking that there's no hope for the future.

Gerry, you are the last person the people should listen to. You go on in your book how you can spend €1000 on dinner at a time. You trapse around NY city like its your godgiven right. And then come home and force it down our necks how much of a great time you had with your family. You were in tears live on radio when you took the 10% paycut, the most miserable and disgusting 10 mins in Irish radio history.

And not surprisingly, youre still a FF apologiser. Obviously you must be remembering the long hot summers you spent in Kinsealy with CJ Haughey as a youngster.

Yes, G.Ryan, "Man of The People", possesser of the common touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RCNPhotos

Gerry being concerned about the access kids have to smut? The ironing is delicious.

• Advertisement

Love the way he emphasised the word '****s'. Oooo, a rude word, tee hee hee. :rolleyes:

Fair enough, if a caller into liveline does it, no control over it in that case. But the actual presenter constantly doing it on a daily basis is getting a bit much now.

I presume he's aware that school kids are off this week yea?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

telekon wrote: »
    Love the way he emphasised the word '****s'. Oooo, a rude word, tee hee hee. :rolleyes:

Fair enough, if a caller into liveline does it, no control over it in that case. But the actual presenter constantly doing it on a daily basis is getting a bit much now.

He doesnt give a shiite and neither do the cranks in charge of the show..they seem to think effing and blinding and talking like a ten year old is all within the "remit" of the show and kids should all be at school anyway.
    Obvioulsy when the kids are on holidays it doesnt matter to them either as long as old-man Ryan keeps spouting his smutty garbage to excite the Valium and "personal injuries" claim people at home.

Just a query. My post was edited for the word sh*ts when G.Ryan can SAY it on the national airwaves. How does this make sense?

Just a query. My post was edited for the word sh*ts when G.Ryan can SAY it on the national airwaves. How does this make sense?

just for clarity - that editing is done automatically, not by the mods. Personally I don't really have a problem with swearing, unless someone is taking the piss. See? that just proves it :)

just for clarity - that editing is done automatically, not by the mods. Personally I don't really have a problem with swearing, unless someone is taking the piss. See? that just proves it :)

Ah I should have copped that by now. Obviously ****e isnt covered.

• Advertisement

Ok. Obviously it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

LOL.

The following words are not allowed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Degsy wrote: »
    The following words are not allowed

Degsy, enough of the filth, please. You're as bad as that bloke on the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Why is Gerry Ryan allowed to swear on mid-morning national radio? I've never understood how he can get away with it!

eth0_ wrote: »
    Why is Gerry Ryan allowed to swear on mid-morning national radio? I've never understood how he can get away with it!

because he thinks he's God.

Good point though,i mean the job i work in if i swore at a customer i'd get a rap on the knuckles..why does he get to inflicty bad language on the listnership because he hasnt got the smarts to avoid swearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Irisheyes73

It amazes me but the amount of the posters here hate or get seriously irrated by Gerry Ryan! Why listen to him then????

I thought this Thread was about the topics on his show not a bashing Gerry Ryan Show Thread.....:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It amazes me but the amount of the posters here hate or get seriously irrated by Gerry Ryan! Why listen to him then????

I thought this Thread was about the topics on his show not a bashing Gerry Ryan Show Thread.....:confused:

:rolleyes:

WElcome to boards, and the radio forum Irisheyes. Please pay attention to this, everybody, but it's time to issue a reminder.

this thread is about the gerry ryan radio show. Love it or hate it, talk about it here. Give your own opinion. Do not question the reasonings or the motives of others - we are discussing OPINIONS and everyone has one and everyone is entitled to one. You're just going to have to deal with the facts that:
    *some people love Gerry ryan and
    *Some people hate gerry ryan, and like to listen to the show just so they can feel angry.

deal with it.

Post your opinion. If you like him - say that, and if someone asks you if you're mad, me or slidey will take action.
    If you hate him - say that, and if someone asks why you listen to the show, me or slidey will..........see how it works?

thanks.

WElcome to boards, and the radio forum Irisheyes. Please pay attention to this, everybody, but it's time to issue a reminder.

this thread is about the gerry ryan radio show. Love it or hate it, talk about it here. Give your own opinion. Do not question the reasonings or the motives of others - we are discussing OPINIONS and everyone has one and everyone is entitled to one. You're just going to have to deal with the facts that:
    *some people love Gerry ryan and
    *Some people hate gerry ryan, and like to listen to the show just so they can feel angry.

deal with it.

Post your opinion. If you like him - say that, and if someone asks you if you're mad, me or slidey will take action.
    If you hate him - say that, and if someone asks why you listen to the show, me or slidey will..........see how it works?

thanks.

That was my opinon!!! WOW sorry for stepping on your toes! It clearly states by YOU that his personal life in not a place on this thread! Listen go jump dowm someone elses throat!!!! Good Luck (maybe you should read through the thread)

• Advertisement

don't be so defensive. That wasn't aimed at you specifically, it was a general reminder. Discussion of his personal life is not allowed, and if you see any such posts, please report them and we'll take the appropriate action. The same rules apply to you as to everyone else.

don't be so defensive. That wasn't aimed at you specifically, it was a general reminder. Discussion of his personal life is not allowed, and if you see any such posts, please report them and we'll take the appropriate action. The same rules apply to you as to everyone else.

Eh you quoted me!!!so it was obbviously aimed at me! Get over yourself dont let the power go to your head!!!

And the report has been made!!! see ya!!!

That was an interesting contribution to the thread but i wont say more because i dont want to be banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Howard Stern? In that movie, the ratings were made by those who liked him and those who disliked him. The reason for both sides was the same. They wanted to hear what he'd say next.

Personally, I like him and his style. Sometimes he gets carried away and I'm not a fan of knob nation, but overall he's grand and worth a listen.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

Is it just me or did anyone else find the April 1st show to be very myopic when it came to the role of Fianna Fáil in the present banking crisis? The bit I heard was all 'blame the bad bankers' and 'we are where we are'. Well at least on Joe Duffy someone carelessly asked 'and how did we get here?'

G Ryan seemed very happy to let the discussion centre around the bad bankers. Never mind that for years the government was stoking the hell out of the property market while presided over a useless banking regulator. Now why would a smart man like G Ryan fail to mention that? Where was the informed discussion about who the real bad guys are in all this and why will they never do the time they so richly deserve..

It seems like RTE are being very nice to Cowan and co. these days and yer man Gerry is a shining example.

mbur wrote: »

It seems like RTE are being very nice to Cowan and co. these days and yer man Gerry is a shining example.

Well it IS the state broadcaster..its in his interest to cosy to the ruling party..when all's said and done he wouldnt have a career if there was a radical re-jig of the stations.
    Noel Edmunds was similarly kicked off the bbc when a new guy took over and said "we're paying this clown HOW MUCH to snigger at Mr Blobby's 'antics'?"
    He was taken off programming and paid a retainer as a sot.
    Mr Ryan i feel is on shaky ground..his show is redundent and so are his views.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

State broadcaster he may be but the man's own descriptions usually centre around the words 'public service'. I don't think RTE in general are that happy with any of our present rulers but I do think there is a certain amount of self censorship going on. Not everyone is affected. Yesterday Mary Wilson gave Labour Party leader Eamon Gilmore a decent platform to flesh out the economic treason argument and fair dues to Tubridy for later hosting Matt Cooper et al on the late late.

The rulers will not be happy with those events. But after Noel Aherns attempt to blame the whole banking crisis on Joe Duffy. one thinks that maybe Mr Ryan's more ruler friendly approach will be a winner when the reshuffle comes to RTE. Maybe this is the secret to his success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Discussion of his personal life is not allowed...

Some might think it's a shame that his show doesn't follow that rule.

2fm needs a Matthew Bannister type to clear out the dead wood

• Advertisement

2fm needs a Matthew Bannister type to clear out the dead wood

The show is a microcosim of whats happening in ireland today..people have been taking the piss based on thier connections and political bias for years.
    The celtic Tiger is dead..its zookeepers need to be kicked out of a job..they're holding the country back.

Degsy wrote: »
    The show is a microcosim of whats happening in ireland today..people have been taking the piss based on thier connections and political bias for years.
    The celtic Tiger is dead..its zookeepers need to be kicked out of a job..they're holding the country back.

totally agree any cheerleader of that corrupt cabal who have bankrupted this country are all out of time and just seem really crass and out of touch with todays reality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭bilko1234

That angry racist German stereotype voice he does to depict ANY German person is utterly despicable.
    I'm glad I didn't witness any German national listening to that outburst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

I hate the way he has to turn absolutly every topic/discussion back on to himself.

Someone rings in about a dog - well i had a dog.............

Someone rings in about a child problem - well my Rex & my Bab's........

Someone rang in about a big bust size problem this morning - i know exactly where your coming from he said............

Allthough to be fair to him i sort of guess he could get where that woman with the 46DD breasts was coming from...

Seriously though i reckon he is just making half of that scuther up about being able to relate to having an experience for every problem or experience someone else is having or had.

Same old thing out of him everyday now too, the O2, New York, Sex & himself, time for a change in my opinion.

Considerthis got a mention in a roundabout way there he said that he cant even mention the Shelbourne Hotel without someone writing in asking is he getting paid for the plug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Marcelproust

airhorn wrote: »
    Same old thing out of him everyday now too, the O2, New York, Sex & himself, time for a change in my opinion.

Wow, same old thing here everyday too! I've been reading many threads recently, and this thread is such a whinge-fest. What is it about this presenter that generates such a lot of negative comment from the same guys, almost daily?

He might be the worst presenter in the world, but why fo on about it all the time.

I caught his show once or twice since being in Ireland and he's not too bad.

• Advertisement

Bonjour Marcel and welcome to the Gerry Ryan Show Thread

Wow, same old thing here everyday too! I've been reading many threads recently, and this thread is such a whinge-fest. What is it about this presenter that generates such a lot of negative comment from the same guys, almost daily?

He might be the worst presenter in the world, but why fo on about it all the time.

I caught his show once or twice since being in Ireland and he's not too bad.

Totally agree with you but i said something along the same lines but got warned over it...... funny that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Totally agree with you but i said something along the same lines but got warned over it...... funny that :D

I agree, there does seem to be something funny about these posts, but not in the amusing kind of way.

You looking for the same treatment that user got?

You looking for the same treatment that user got?

Off ya go love!!! as i said dont let the "Mod" power go to ur head :D

People are not ok to have a different opinion then you or you ban them wow great job!!!!!!!

Seriously people are not going to always agree with you!!!!

Ban button!!!! its to your left...... bye!!!! pmsl silly little man

• Advertisement

People are not ok to have a different opinion then you or you ban them wow great job!!!!!!!

I'm 5' 10" :(

all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Is this true? And if so, how did they know? :eek:

tut tut...can't have the G.Ryan thread on page 2 of the radio forum!!! I thought it had been deleted there for a second.

Can't let the big man (big being the operative word) think we're forgetting about his inane presenting style now can we, his ego couldnt take it.

on further reflection, a simple 'bump' was all that was needed here.:rolleyes:

Did i hear correctly this morning when he said he was good mates with Mr Boucher from BOI?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Did i hear correctly this morning when he said he was good mates with Mr Boucher from BOI?

I believe so, if he is from South Africa and gets up to teach rugby to the kids on a Sunday morning, its him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 supercallow

did rte censor the replay of today's gerry ryan show with the interview with paul williams

Is anyone else listening? Twink is batsh*t crazy :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Is anyone else listening? Twink is batsh*t crazy :eek::eek:

Is she mad or pi$$ed....or both?

CPL 593H

Both I think. I only caught the end. I have to listen back on the RTE player later. Quality stuff! I tuned in when she was telling Gerry that both of them (herself & Gerry) earned "decent" wages but neither of them were millionaires :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

She was/is definitely off her trolley.

Wouldn't answer any direct question. Went on for ages about women of Ireland going to her show and actually seemed to embarrass Gerry when she spoke about the money they earn.

In the end Ryan seemed to give up and basically said 'Good Luck' and cut her off.

She obviously has a high image of herself.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement