Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scone recipes!

Options
  • 12-02-2010 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭

just wondering if anyone has any good recipes for fruit scones? I love the ones where you can taste a hint of nutmeg, cant seem to get a good recipe though!!:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I have a really delicious recipe for scones...now they aren't the most waistline friendly, but they are just gorgeous, and really worth the slurge!

Maple walnut spiced scones.

Ingredients:

300g self raising flour
    100g fine oatmeal/oat flour
    100g wholemeal flour
    50g caster sugar
    (1tsp cinnamon/nutmeg/mixed spice)
    1 large tbsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt

160g butter, melted
    125ml buttermilk
    150ml maple syrup (can be reduced to 50ml+ to taste, 150 is very sweet!)

100g walnuts (can be substituted with 50g nuts, 50gs fruit of choice, like sultanas, apricots, cranberries, you choose! Even omit the nuts and go for the full 100g fruit if you like, but the nuts are really good...)

Method:

Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C and pop in 2 baking trays to preheat also (the secret to a well risen scone!)
    Mixing is easy, it's a mix all the dry then the wet type of recipe:

Mix the flours, sugar, optional spices and salt together.
    Then mix in the melted butter, buttermilk, maple syrup and stir in the walnuts (or fruit),
    Gather the dough together, it should be a little sticky but not wet.
    Either cut into 1.5 inch thick rounds with a cutter, or form into one giant 1.5inch thick round and cut with a knife into 12-14 pieces depending on how large you want them.

Place on preheated baking trays and bake for 10 mins at 200 until they are golden.

These scones are rich and dense, so make them small enough or you will be full.

Enjoy warm, toasted and buttery ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭susanroth

they sound yummy!! will try them out :Dmaybe i can use this for my week in the cooking club as i have nothing;)

Advertisement