Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri a bit of everything

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

catweazle wrote: »
    Nice time and great run, 20.50 is a stormer on that route. I also noticed the great transition time in T1. I was nearly 3 minutes yesterday, well done
    Cheers, I was doing well to stay on my feet in T1. Plenty of baby oil and the wetsuit shot off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Well done nomadic. I had my garmin on the route and measured the run slightly over 5km at 5.20km but that was a little before the matt so id say it was 5.10km (being conservativre as my bike was very close to the exit and i hit the lap button as i started running from the bike)

I too had a nice pubble at my bike!!

Bambaata wrote: »
    Well done nomadic. I had my garmin on the route and measured the run slightly over 5km at 5.20km but that was a little before the matt so id say it was 5.10km (being conservativre as my bike was very close to the exit and i hit the lap button as i started running from the bike)

I too had a nice pubble at my bike!!
    Thanks.
    How did you get on? I think I saw you fly past on the other side of the road on the bike. I was going to say hello afterwards but I wouldn't recognise you without a pair of headphones on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Happy to say i finished 1st yesterday. only my second win and first NS race win. came very much as a shock. beat 2nd place by 0.89 of a second!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭El Director

Wow dude well done there Bambatta, looking forward to a report!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Well done Bambatta, thats a big race to win

8.63 mile run in 64.37, 7.35 min mile pace.
    I had a few guiness to run off but the legs felt great.

My final placing for yesterday was 33rd. Swim-118th, bike-25th, Run-45th.
    I think I finished 7th in the age group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Congrats on the great time nomadic. New wetsuit, new bike, (new runners??) - and you sure know how to use them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Well done nomadic, excellent result dude! Training paying off all around. strong on all 3 bodes well for the future :)

Bambatta that has to be the smallest ever win margin in Tri! Was it a sprint finish? Savage man, another win to savour. Bloody well done man!

Yesterday

32km mtb spin with the club. I faded a fair bit towards the end and couldn't stay with the train on the road back from enniskerry.

Today

2,100m swim this morning
    600m warm up
    10 x 100m off 2.15
    500m warm down

The 100's all in between 1.52 - 1.54, probably need to shorten the rest.

5.21 mile interval run in 36.34, 7.22 min/mile pace.
    2k warm up with 7 intervals of ~500m at 5k pace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Wow - what a result nomadic!!
    Just catching up on your log there now, hugely impressive stuff. 7th in AG at a NS event? & only your 2nd event? - super stuff!

Considering your bike split maybe I should take up the auld MTB'ing?

Well done again

I applied for a place chancing my arm after athy last week and I got a place! I came 6th in the age cat in the end so that was good enough for a spot in the sprint at Budapest.

I'm 99% sure i'm going to accept it but i'm bit in two minds about it. I should really do another few races this year then concentrate on something like this next year when I'll be better prepared and more experienced. But it is in europe and It'll be a great experience and I've 3 months to focus on it. I'm not sure i'm near good enough to be going to a "World Championships".

On the training front I've been totally wiped out since last wednesday. I caught some sort of bug/virus thing. Fever/no energy/diarrhea/ messed up stomach etc etc. I started feeling better yesterday and am ok today.
    I got out for a quick 1,200m swim this morning and will probably get out on the bike later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Defo go for it nomadic
    If the logistics and the money mean that it's at all possible for you to do it this year then go for it!!
    Sure you don't know what will be happening this time next year - no regrets

Fair play man that's unreal, in only your first NS event? - respect
    Delighted for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Seriously well done Nomadic all the hard work paying off! Definitely go for it as it in Europe as you say. Next year I think its in Beijing so that would be a much more costly trip. Well done!

Go team boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Congrats Nomadic - go for it! You should never turn down an opportunity to wear an Irish jersey tri suit!

DustyBin wrote: »
    Defo go for it nomadic
    If the logistics and the money mean that it's at all possible for you to do it this year then go for it!!
    Sure you don't know what will be happening this time next year - no regrets

Fair play man that's unreal, in only your first NS event? - respect
    Delighted for ya
    Money could be an issue alright. I could always cycle over.

You should definately take up the mountainbiking. Its great crack and you've no excuse with the racing795 lads doing loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

I agree, defo go for it. 3 months at the rate your progressing, you'll be laughing. Entering will give you a great target and motivation.

It will be an honour to swim out with an Ireland representive at Swinford.

Budapest is a fantastic spot so spend a few days after it relaxing. Well done

Just catching up nomadic, very well done on Athy and Budapest place! It's terrific! You should go for it man, a lot can be done in 3 months for sure believe me....and I am banking on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Wow, That is super, fair feckin play to you. Go for it man. Sure We'll sponsor you!!

• Advertisement

32.2km on the bike in 55.55, 34.5 km/hr
    Nice hard spin down in the park.

I've booked my flights so there's no going back. It costs as much for the flights as it does to bring the bike.

Be cute with this tell your parents how proud you are representing Ireland and how hard you have worked for this. Invite them over with you......this gets you free accommodation..........the athletes village is too noisy for you!

Then after the event............tell them you are going to get the debriefing session back in tri camp, touch them up for a tonne and this leaves you free to go on the lash with El Director and Shotgun for a two day bender :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

congrats on qualification chief.
    btw Catweazle - with the sort of pointers youre providing you should apply for the team managers job for that trip ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

nomadic wrote: »
    32.2km on the bike in 55.55, 34.5 km/hr
    Nice hard spin down in the park.

Just wondering.... would you warm up before hitting the go button on the computer? (either way its a good rate of knots!) Would the park be Phoenix? it's gorgeous down there in the evenings this weather.

Just wondering.... would you warm up before hitting the go button on the computer? (either way its a good rate of knots!) Would the park be Phoenix? it's gorgeous down there in the evenings this weather.
    Yea the Phoenix Park alright, Its great to live near it.
    I just zero the computer before leaving the house and let it run from there. I wouldn't really warm up.

nomadic wrote: »
    I've booked my flights so there's no going back. It costs as much for the flights as it does to bring the bike.

Good man! When are you going out/coming back? I'm out on the Thursday back on the Tuesday. Like Cat said it will be an end of season two days on the lash on the sunday and monday! Also looking forward to visiting the baths again!

Good man! When are you going out/coming back? I'm out on the Thursday back on the Tuesday. Like Cat said it will be an end of season two days on the lash on the sunday and monday! Also looking forward to visiting the baths again!
    I'm going Tuesday to Tuesday. Definately plan on catching up on some missed drinking on the Sunday and Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Congratulations - that gotta be the best reason to drop out of Dublin !

2,500 swim this morning.
    500m warm up
    10 x 100m off 2.10, in between 1.46 - 1.51
    1,000m straight in 19.46

5.21 mile tempo run this evening in 35.01, 6.43 min/mile pace.
    My fcuking laptop crashed on me and I lost a days worth of thesis work so a tempo run was definately in order. I went out a tad too quickly and slowed it down after 5k but the pace picked itself up again by the end. By far the quickest I've ever run that 5 mile loop.

• Advertisement

Rest day on Wednesday.

61.55km spin on the bike yesterday evening in 1.55.20, 32km/hr.
    6 laps of the strawberry beds loop. My legs were feeling it on the last 2 laps but i'm happy with the speed as there's a nice hill on the loop.

1,500m swim this morning.
    500m warm up
    1,000m straight.

I'd planned on doing a long swim but I was a little tired and the pace was crap(over 30s per 25m) so I hopped out after 1,000. I've the Kilbroney Challenge(37 km MTB, ~20k running and 4k kayak) tomorrow so I need to save the energy.

Advertisement