Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sensor dirt enquiry?

• 12-02-2010 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi all,

I reckon I have some sensor dirt but need a reality check here:

Dirt is only visible at high F stops eg F14 and above.

Dirt is visible through 2 different lenses in same spot

Dirt is visible on viewfinder (ie mirror down, as normal when focussing etc)

My problem is how come I can see it in the viewfinder?

Any preference between the cleaning from conns or the camera exchange (camera exchange is half the price of conns)

Fran

ps camera is a canon 500d with F4L24-105 and F4L70-200

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Dust on the sensor will be most visible when the Aperture is shut down.

It's a good idea to learn how to clean your sensor yourself. It is not hard with the right gear & cheaper in the long term.

You may also have dirt in you viewfinder or on the reflex mirror, but this will not affect your images.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

http://www.dml.ie/
    This company is offering free sensor cleaning til 28th. February.
    Normally you cannot see sensor dirt through the view finder. If you can see dirt it is most probably on the mirror or prism but only sensor dirt shows up on photo and as CabanSail says dirt on sensor is more prone to show up in higher F settings as you have experienced yourself.

Advertisement