Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super League XV. Round 2. 12th-14th Feb.

Options
  • 12-02-2010 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Fri 12

Wigan Warriors v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 20:00 **Sky S 1**

Hull FC v Huddersfield Giants KO 20:00

Salford City Reds v Crusaders RL KO 20:00

Sat 13

Castleford Tigers v Warrington Wolves KO 17:45 **Sky S 1**

Bradford Bulls v St. Helens KO 15:00

Sun 14

Harlequins RL v Catalans Dragons KO 14:00

Wakefield Wildcats v Leeds Rhinos KO 15:30

Some superb clashes this weekend. Wigan/KR should be a cracker and it'll be interesting to see if Hull FC can break down that Huddersfield defence. Bulls V saints an intriguing prospect too, even dare I say it, a possible upset on the cards? Tigers V Warrie should be a free flowing encounter with both teams cock-a-hoop after last weekends wins......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

It just gets more exciting:D

Notice you didn't comment on the Wakey-Rhinos match:p

The competition is so open I could be very embarassed come Sunday evening with my Sports Guru selections:o

Just hope the televised matches live up to there potential as being 2 cracking games.

Hope all the Round 2 matches get the bumper attendances they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Jesus Wigan look fast out of the blocks against HKR.

Oh dear, how poor a referee is Ian Smith:eek:

How could he not give a knock-on by Sam Tomkins and then a ball-steal by Wigan - shocking mistakes:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Good televised game last night, there were times in that game where Wigan looked like the real deal...superb handling, high tempo play and a good kicking game. O'loughlin and Gleeson look born again under Maguire, both Tomkins' played exceptionally well. Looked solid and committed in defence with some massive hits going in,

As for KR looked strangely one-dimensional, massive commitment as always but too many slow ptb's, dominated by Wigan in the tackle, and a lot of their set plays looked stagnant. Cooke didn't have one of his greatest games in a KR strip.

FC continue their excellent start to the season with a good but hard fought win over Huddersfield and Crusaders get their first SL win with a comprehensive tanking of Salford (didn't see that one coming).

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kellco88

Great win for Crusaders last night. Might be a good season if they can build on that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Forgot to make my picks for Sportguru for last night but I doubt it matters too much, only would've gotten the one winner right.

Just finished watching last night's game, Wigan looked brilliant I have to say, whole pace of the game was just unreal.

Watching the Cas-Wire game on delay, about 20 minutes in, very surprised so far. Think I said Warrington by 30 something.

That was one tough arm-wrestle between Wires and Cas. Unfortunately Cas came up short again, but it was still a game performance.

Another game that indicates just how close SL is going to be this year:D

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    That was one tough arm-wrestle between Wires and Cas. Unfortunately Cas came up short again, but it was still a game performance.

Another game that indicates just how close SL is going to be this year:D

Very enjoyable game, nice bit of niggle in there too. Loving the Briers/Myler combo. Anyone else think Thaler was way off the level required for a SL ref?

Have Castleford been underestimated or did Warrington just not get going? Seemed really well matched last night.

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    Have Castleford been underestimated or did Warrington just not get going? Seemed really well matched last night.

I think Cas are the real deal this year, and will be a difficult team to beat, home or away...

Great victory for the Quins today...onwards and upwards from here hopefully.

Wouldn't have expected a Quins win after the last two weeks. Leeds seems to making tough work of Wakefield. Saints looking to run away from Bradford.

Leeds seems to making tough work of Wakefield..

+1, you'd have to say a worryingly slow start to the season by Leeds, and looks set to continue.

Leeds seems to making tough work of Wakefield.

That comment seems to indicate an element of surprise. It could be said Wakey are making tough work of Leeds;)

Aye, not meaning to be disparaging to Wakey, just that Leeds don't seem to have started really firing yet.

Aye, not meaning to be disparaging to Wakey, just that Leeds don't seem to have started really firing yet.

That's OK, no offense taken, Leeds have to be favourites:D Mindst Broughie just ran in a 90m interception so I am as happy as Larry

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    That's OK, no offense taken, Leeds have to be favourites:D Mindst Broughie just ran in a 90m interception so I am as happy as Larry

Sounds like Wakefield are handing us a right hiding...down to 12 men, Discipline an issue again!..Wakefield 26 - Leeds 6.....with a bit to go, congrats Wakey, sounds like the Wildcats are hitting the heights this season.

Hang on Leeds coming back strong! .two tries...Wakey 26 Leeds 18.....

The Gorilla is finally off our back:D

This was the win that Kear and every Wakey fan wanted the most. Clearly the team wanted it very badly as well and that was probably the deciding factor.

A second week top of the league:cool:. The only way is down;)

How long has McNamara got left?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The Wakefield juggernaut carries on, a "sort-of" un-fancied team beats THE big boys, loving the start to the season. (Quins apart obviously, still at least they won yesterday. Another woeful attendance though; 2,330. Miserable.

Advertisement