Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Audio Output Device Installed..

• 12-02-2010 7:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

I don't know what kicked this off. But out of nowhere, when I turned my computer on, I noticed my sound wasn't working, and I had a little red "X" on the speaker icon saying "No Audio Output Device Installed"

I tried to install the driver but nothing seems to happen.

Also, on my device manager, "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" tab isn't even there.

Anyone know a fix for this? I've been sittin here for 5 hours trying to fix it.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate by the way .. 32bit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Is it onboard audio, if so is there any way it could have been disabled either in the bios or device manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

The Muppet wrote: »
    Is it onboard audio, if so is there any way it could have been disabled either in the bios or device manager?

ehm..... i've no idea what Onboard audio is lol

if the opposite of onboard audio is a sound card then i think its onboard. Because it doesn't look as if i can take it out

little update now. I resinstalled Windows 7.....bit of a stupid idea now, because the sound is still buggered lol.

But i managed to install a driver but now it's sayin

"Device cannot start (code 10)"

If this helps though, I'm using Realtek HD Audio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Hi,

Go to the BIOS and click on reset default values.

Then let us know how you go.

Gaz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Hi,

You could also try

Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by clicking the Start button [IMG]http://res2.windows.microsoft.com/resbox/en/Windows 7/Main/4/f/4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33/4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33.jpg[/IMG], and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click Configure a device.* [IMG]http://res1.windows.microsoft.com/resbox/en/Windows 7/Main/1/8/18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b/18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b.jpg[/IMG] If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

• Advertisement

old_aussie wrote: »
    Hi,

You could also try

Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33.jpg, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click Configure a device.* 18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b.jpg If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Just tried that mate
    i got a window with a message sayin this:

Realtek High Definition Audio has a driver problem Not Fixed (X)

i dno what to do lol I've tried downloading the drivers from the Manufacturer's website (in this case, Realtek's website)

and i go to click on the .exe file that apparently installs the driver but nothing happens

old_aussie wrote: »
    Hi,

Go to the BIOS and click on reset default values.

Then let us know how you go.

Gaz

how do i do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Make sure you are using the correct driver, you should get the driver from the Manaboard or system manufacture's web site. If it's an oldish pc you may have a bit of a search to find the proper one.

The Muppet wrote: »
    Make sure you are using the correct driver, you should get the driver from the Manaboard or system manufacture's web site. If it's an oldish pc you may have a bit of a search to find the proper one.

I got it in 2007 brand new at the time, i know i was using the correct drivers because it was working for years up until 2 days ago. Then out of nowhere it just....stopped working lol

Should I just buy a sound card?

Okay i managed to get it fixed, i won't say the reason though it'll sound stupid lol its workin now anyway so that's that :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement