Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6x04 ... pre discussion...

• 12-02-2010 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

Hi ,
    I see no one has started a pre 6x04 discussion ... so i'll start it....

Clare backstory possibly ??? we need to find out ... she hasn't been in
    it for a season......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

ill be watching this in a vegas hotel room straight off the ABC line ooh yea!! headign to vegas 2maro!! Tuesday will be messy, with United playing AC Milan in the Champions league that will be about 1pm then drinking until LOST comes on haha...

anyway best regards and hope this episode is a sawyeriffic one or des?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Well if last seasons are anything to go by, the focus of the story will switch from the Temple group to the Statue-heading-to-Temple group.

That gives us the main characters of Sun, Lapidus, Ilana, Richard and Smoke Monster.

I don't think we'll get a Sun episode until her and Jin reunite. I don't think we'll get a Richard episode until he's back with the Others. I think we might never get a Lapidus episode (just because he wasn't on 815 - we might see an alternate Lapidus in someone elses flash just to have him in the alternate timeline somewhere).

That leaves Ilana and Smoke Monster, who would obviously get a Locke flash-sideways. It'd be a good time for a Locke flash since the smoke monster will presumably be the leader of the group. But then we know comparatively nothing about Ilana so it might be a good time to give her a fleshed out introduction. My money's on a Locke-cetric flash sideways though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭youngblood

Seriously need to up the Ante with this episode-Far too much filler so far-The flash sideways are not a plot device, they're pure unadulterated filler, which I'll bet my ass on, will not be relevant in the final reveal.

Claire centric episode needed STATT to quench my desire to drop season 6 of Lost till it comes out on DVD....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The alternative timeline IMO is really boring......i mean we are 3 eps in to the final season and moving at a snails pace...... season 6 is a let down for me, hope this episode is a lot better!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A very slow start indeed. We need to deal with what the smoke monster is now.
    Its very frustrating that the characters keep asking what it is and the questions are just ignored. Clair's story is obviousally the same as Saied's . She is dead. She died when the house exploded. This would explain the way myles kept looking at her so strangly.She has been claimed!
    Hope to god they don't waste another episode on that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

This episode is called "The substitute", its a locke centric episode :D

This episode is called "The substitute", its a locke centric episode :D

So that means it will take an entire episode to get dead Locke to reach somewhere near the temple, if we're lucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

God one bad side flash and people are panning the entire idea! The two opening episodes' side flashes were excellent. Looking forward to a locke centered episode, been looking forward to it since the end of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya i have to say all this criticism of the season is ridiculously harsh. The premiere was excellent and the What Kate Does was average but thats only because most people dislike Kate.

So far i'm really enjoying the ALT especially in the opener.. absolutely wonderfully scripted scenes and music in them.

I'm confident this episode will be good since it looks like a Locke centric from what I've seen in 2 sneak peeks. While the sneak peeks i saw were fine i wouldn't recommend watching them cause they can ruin some excellent scenes from the episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

tok9 wrote: »
    Ya i have to say all this criticism of the season is ridiculously harsh. The premiere was excellent and the What Kate Does was average but thats only because most people dislike Kate.

So far i'm really enjoying the ALT especially in the opener.. absolutely wonderfully scripted scenes and music in them.

I'm confident this episode will be good since it looks like a Locke centric from what I've seen in 2 sneak peeks. While the sneak peeks i saw were fine i wouldn't recommend watching them cause they can ruin some excellent scenes from the episode.

People are annoyed so far as they were expecting a roller coaster ride for the last season. It's nearly time up and people expect more. I think season 4 & 5 were so good that what we are seeing now is poorer. I believe it will get better but those that are complaining (which is a majority) just want their favourite show to go out with a bang and not the whimper it had been so far since season 6 started.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There's been 3 of, what, 16 episodes? Did you actually think that there were going to be massive reveals in every episode? Name one show that has ever had that? They will do what every show does, with a big mid-season plot story, and then a 'rollercoaster ride' for the last few.

I'm presonally loving the side-flashes. Kate's was a bit meh, but it was a Kate episode. They are always a bit meh. And they definitely arent just filler, with no importance to the final storyline. I can't wait for this weeks after seeing the promo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

youngblood wrote: »
    So that means it will take an entire episode to get dead Locke to reach somewhere near the temple, if we're lucky!
    Locke is locke. You dont need to call him dead locke. The other guy is nemesis, Man in Black, Smokie, Focke. But locke is still locke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

Kiith wrote: »
    There's been 3 of, what, 16 episodes? Did you actually think that there were going to be massive reveals in every episode? Name one show that has ever had that? They will do what every show does, with a big mid-season plot story, and then a 'rollercoaster ride' for the last few.

I'm presonally loving the side-flashes. Kate's was a bit meh, but it was a Kate episode. They are always a bit meh. And they definitely arent just filler, with no importance to the final storyline. I can't wait for this weeks after seeing the promo.

No one is saying that it has been bad because there has been no big reveals. It's just been a bit boring so far. It is OK from time to time to say that episodes have been poor or average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

you're right, locke is locke, but he's dead, so now he's dead locke! :D

to be perfectly honest, we have been given no name what so ever for dead Locke, no one has called or named him anything in the show, so in theory he can be called absolutely anything due the ridiculous nature of name avoidance on this show

ie, Smokie, the others, otherton, they just make up names for things on this show

God one bad side flash and people are panning the entire idea! The two opening episodes' side flashes were excellent.

Excellent?
    Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

call him Flocke. (fake Locke.)

This next episode looks like it has potential. We might find out more about Smokey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 silsean

koolkid wrote: »
    A very slow start indeed. We need to deal with what the smoke monster is now.
    Its very frustrating that the characters keep asking what it is and the questions are just ignored. Clair's story is obviousally the same as Saied's . She is dead. She died when the house exploded. This would explain the way myles kept looking at her so strangly.She has been claimed!
    Hope to god they don't waste another episode on that.

Can you remind me of what happened with the house and it exploding? I'm drawing a blank.
    tok9 wrote: »

Better to get the characters like Kate and their stuff out of the way early this season and leave the interesting characters to towards the middle/end!
    GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    call him Flocke. (fake Locke.)

This next episode looks like it has potential. We might find out more about Smokey.

I would love a smokey flash back. Not the guy Easu or whatever, i mean the black smoke. A Futurama episode comes to mind as to how its mother might look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

KingKenny wrote: »
    Excellent?
    Why?

why not?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

silsean wrote: »
    Can you remind me of what happened with the house and it exploding? I'm drawing a blank.
    When Kimi & the freighter folks attacked at the barracks the house Clair was in was blown up.(remember the feet sticking out like the witch in the Wizard of Oz) Its has always been speculated that she died in that explosion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Excellent?
    Why?

Well, Jack and Locke's scene for one. But also how, upon first appearances, it looked like what would happen if the plane never crashed, but then things like Hurley saying he's the luckiest guy in the world, Desmond being on the plane, Shannon not being on the plane etc, shows that the island had been affecting their lives before the plane crash. I think that's pretty interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens down the line.

I agree, one bad episode (Kate and Claire) doesn't mean all the flash-sideways are going to be terrible. They're obviously building to something big, otherwise they wouldn't have included them at all. They must have some big connection to whatever the whole final season is building towards.

Think of it like this, remember Through The Looking Glass, the season 3 finale. The flashbacks were terrible. It just seemed so disjointed from everything else. Then the final reveal.... it's a flashforward. Completely turned everything on its head. I think (or at least... I hope) the new flash-sideways are building to something mega

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Excellent?
    Why?

Jack/locke, desmond on the plane, Charlie and Boon back again, Jack's dad nowhere to be found and of course the conversation between Hurley and Sawyer was cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

silsean wrote: »
    I would love a smokey flash back. Not the guy Easu or whatever, i mean the black smoke. A Futurama episode comes to mind as to how its mother might look like.

That'd be cool I suppose. The CGI cost for that episode would probably require the whole season 6 budget though. =]

Jack/locke, desmond on the plane, Charlie and Boon back again, Jack's dad nowhere to be found and of course the conversation between Hurley and Sawyer was cool.

Hardly excellent though. Apart from a few chance meetings a few lines of interesting dialogue it is, in its majority, filler.

Flashsideways has only been vaguely interesting IMO. I have every faith that it will pick up but for the love of God why is there filler in the last season when there is so much more interesting sideplots to focus on....

Advertisement