If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phillips 32PFL5604H or Toshiba 32RV635DB

Options
  • 12-02-2010 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've been on the lookout for a new TV. I live in apartment and the dimensions of my sitting room have me limited to a 32". I'm an occasional Wii player and watch a lot of sport (via UPC).

Anyway, I've done a lot of research and I'm interested in either the Phillips 32PFL5604H or Toshiba 32RV635DB. I'm leaning more towards the Phillips but would be interested to hear your opinions.

Would you be able to give me a quote on these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash

Hey Comad,

I can certianly give you a price on the Philips. This usually retails for €499.99 so with your Philips Shop Boards 10% Discount that comes to €449.99.

Have a look and let me know what you think. http://www.philipsshop.ie/fiveseries.htm

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭comad

What kind of warranty do I get with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Comad.

The Philips comes with a 2 year warranty, I would recommend that Philips over the Toshiba. The Toshiba is a good TV, but those Philips are excellent. The colour balance and the contrast on the Philips are considerably better than the Toshiba.

They also offer a 5 year for just 10% of the screen so that makes €495 with a 5 year.

I can't better the Philips Shop price on that one, so I personally would go for it !

They have them in stock at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

comad wrote: »
    What kind of warranty do I get with that?

Hey Comad,

There is a 2 year warranty on this screen.

Thanks, Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭comad

I'll go with the Phillips then. I'll be in tomorrow evening.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.