Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Team Updates

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Feraligator - lvl 40
    Vulpix - lvl 30
    Butterfree lvl 20

is my team in SS so far. Figuring out when to Fire Stone my Vulpix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,385 ✭✭✭✭Penn

DKZ wrote: »
    I'd go with a Jolteon seeing as you don't have a pokémon to take down water pokémon easily yet.

Yeah, went with Jolteon in the end. Got a Thunder Stone in the Pokeathalon thing so said I may as well. Got an Exp Share too so currently levelling it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I'm not sure why I'm posting this here, I guess I just want to. My in-game party for HG consits of mostly trade ins from my Platnium games and are all legit, EV'd (except Cinderz) and either obtained on GTS, chat room trades, forum trades or hatched/caught by me. Levels indicate the current level of the Pokémon at time of posting. I started the adventure with these dudes and we are going to finish it together!

Spr_4h_164_s.png-> NOCTOWL, female, Lv56 (Japanese from GTS)
    Spr_4h_157.png -> Cinderz, female, Lv57 (HG starter)
    Spr_4h_251_s.png -> セレビィ, Lv58 (Forum trade, ID 31121)
    Spr_4h_210_s.png -> GRANBULL, female, Lv58 (trade with friend in the UK)
    Spr_4d_336_s.png -> Dark-Fang, female, Lv60 (my first legit shiny :D)
    Spr_4p_445_m.png -> Lorcan, male, Lv57 (hatched in my Platnium)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Well my team still hasn't changed at all, but to update you all, I've moved my Japanese Platinum save to the American version so that I can finally enjoy it in English, and my SoulSilver team as seen in the Let's Play are now also back on my cart, so I can show them off on Monday :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Gloom - lv.22
    Togetic - lv.23
    Pidgeotto - lv.23
    Bayleef - lv.24
    Noctowl - lv.24
    Empoleon - lv.39

Currently trying to get a Shiny stone to evolve Togetic. Traded over Empoleon from Pearl just to beat the steel type gym leader (who's name eludes me right now) because I didn't have any suitable Pokémon and I didn't want to train Totodile :P (Traded over Cyndaquil & Totodile from the Jap versions)

Gloom - lv.22
    Togetic - lv.23
    Pidgeotto - lv.23
    Bayleef - lv.24
    Noctowl - lv.24
    Empoleon - lv.39

Currently trying to get a Shiny stone to evolve Togetic. Traded over Empoleon from Pearl just to beat the steel type gym leader (who's name eludes me right now) because I didn't have any suitable Pokémon and I didn't want to train Totodile :P (Traded over Cyndaquil & Totodile from the Jap versions)
    I can sort you out with shiny stones, my Pick Up party finds so many of them I end up with a huge heap of them in Platnium. I'll add it to you list of stuff :)

I can sort you out with shiny stones, my Pick Up party finds so many of them I end up with a huge heap of them in Platnium. I'll add it to you list of stuff :)

Yay thanks! I'll bring along the DS case to the meet-up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Out of curiosity Buzz, what did you have to trade for a shiny Celebi?

Was it worth your soul...?

wayhey wrote: »
    Out of curiosity Buzz, what did you have to trade for a shiny Celebi?

Was it worth your soul...?
    I think she cost me a Movie Arceus (Japanese) and a shiny UT Mew. A high cost, but she is well worth it.

I would have given my soul for her, she is sooooo pretty :D

• Advertisement

Just beat the Elite 4 and Champion

Feraligatr - Lvl 50
    Gyarados - Lvl 42
    Magmar - Lvl 39
    Lugia - Lvl 45
    Raikou - Lvl 40
    Togetic - Lvl 24

Have to say, that was easy. Beat them first go, whereas Diamond took me ages. Didn't even mean to beat them really, I only decided to challenge them in order to level up the Pokemon and get more experience. Used very few revives and potions too.

It was mostly Feraligatr and Gyarados though. Both had Ice Fang, a dark Bite/Crunch move, and Surf/Waterfall.

In Kanto now so hoping to get some new pokemon. Really hope I can get a Charizard too. Always wanted a Charizard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fleeflyfloflum

Hey!

I could use some help in picking my team here I have:

Quilava
    Noctowl
    Haunter
    Flaafy
    Onix

All at level 25 and then I am using Ratatta for cut/rock smash, I have in the box Togepi, Scyther, Geodude, Hoppip, Vulpiz, Sudowodoo and Abra in the box so far.

Open to catching as well of course, only just after beating Morty though. I was thinking maybe evolving a magikarp?

I could use some help in picking my team here I have:

Quilava
    Noctowl
    Haunter
    Flaafy
    Onix

Hmmm, maybe aim for a Poliwrath? Water/Fighting are types you don't have and it will give you some good physical support which at the moment you'd only really get from Onix.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Hmmm, maybe aim for a Poliwrath? Water/Fighting are types you don't have and it will give you some good physical support which at the moment you'd only really get from Onix.

I was thinking that too, but, I only have an old rod and no surfer so is it worth getting and evolving a magikarp to teach it to surf to catch a poliwag?

I was thinking that too, but, I only have an old rod

You can still get them with an Old Rod. It's just a one in twenty chance.

I guess I still had Crystal on the brain seeing as I remember finding Poliwag in the grass back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

There're poliwags in at least one of the first 4 Walker courses. While you're thinking about what you need to round out your team you could pace around the room a bit and build up some Watts :)

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    There're poliwags in at least one of the first 4 Walker courses. While you're thinking about what you need to round out your team you could pace around the room a bit and build up some Watts :)

I may well do that,do you have to use the PokeRadar, or is it one of the ones that justs pops up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

None of them just pop-up so far as I'm aware, you have to use the Pokéradar to find Pokémon

None of them just pop-up so far as I'm aware, you have to use the Pokéradar to find Pokémon

I've had two Woopers and a Sentret just appear.

That's walking around with no pokemon of your own in the walker but after you made a connection to the game (ie you load your first 'mon into the walker, send him home and the route stays loaded) ?
    If so, that only works for tier 1s.

That's walking around with no pokemon of your own in the walker but after you made a connection to the game (ie you load your first 'mon into the walker, send him home and the route stays loaded) ?
    If so, that only works for tier 1s.

Ah, ok. Thank you for sparing me an awful amount of time wasting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Just beat the Elite Four & Champ:

Ampharos - Lv. 50
    Golem - Lv. 50
    Ninetales - Lv. 49
    Pidgeot - Lv. 48
    Meganium - Lv. 47
    Kingdra - Lv. 46

Gonna give Pokemon a little break for a few weeks now to concentrate on exams, I've gotten too addicted! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

Finally beat the Elite Four after getting my 16th badge. The actual Elite Four where no problem but I kept getting stuck on Lance with his level 72 Garchomp that kept spamming outrage :mad:

So now it's:

Jolteon- level 59
    Umbreon- level 56
    Espeon- level 57
    Vaporeon- level 61
    Flareon- level 57
    Glaceon- level 58
    Leafeon- level 58

Finally beat the Elite Four after getting my 16th badge. The actual Elite Four where no problem but I kept getting stuck on Lance with his level 72 Garchomp that kept spamming outrage :mad:

So now it's:

Jolteon- level 59
    Umbreon- level 56
    Espeon- level 57
    Vaporeon- level 61
    Flareon- level 57
    Glaceon- level 58
    Leafeon- level 58

I love that team! :D

Did you get to do the Kanto Pokemon League in the original Gold/Silver? :confused:

So now it's:

Jolteon- level 59
    Umbreon- level 56
    Espeon- level 57
    Vaporeon- level 61
    Flareon- level 57
    Glaceon- level 58
    Leafeon- level 58

Which one got a free ride? They can't all have faced the E4 and won, there's 7 of them. Who's daddy's little Eevee?

DKZ wrote: »
    I love that team! :D

Did you get to do the Kanto Pokemon League in the original Gold/Silver? :confused:

Eeveelutions are my favourite Pokemon, hands down :D

You can do the Johto League again after getting your 16th badge. The Elite Four and Lance all get level upgrades and new pokemon (from all four generations). I can't remember if they changed after the 16th badge in the originals.
    Which one got a free ride? They can't all have faced the E4 and won, there's 7 of them. Who's daddy's little Eevee?

Jolteon was in the box when I finally beat Lance. He was two or three levels ahead of everyone else when I went to fight the League last night, so he had to sit it out.

More like "Mammy's little Eevee" ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

So Dragonite and Metagross are on Holidays because my mate was having trouble in the Pokémon league in SS.
    I'm also EV training his Ponyta and Skarmory for him...

Pfft, he better be kind to my Pokémon.

What else has happened...
    Tyranitar is almost at level 70, as is Manezone.
    Matagross is well on it's way it hitting the 80s and Dragonite is in his early 60s.
    Infernape has reached his peak and just kills every one these days.
    I have a few other Pokémon that I want to train up but I am doing it very slowly and lazily! :)

So now it's:

Jolteon- level 59
    Umbreon- level 56
    Espeon- level 57
    Vaporeon- level 61
    Flareon- level 57
    Glaceon- level 58
    Leafeon- level 58
    Team Win-eon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I was actually trying to do the same thing a while back, but when I came to Espeon and Umbreon I got lazy and stopped.
    I've got the rest of them though, all around their 30's.

CianRyan wrote: »
    I was actually trying to do the same thing a while back, but when I came to Espeon and Umbreon I got lazy and stopped.
    I've got the rest of them though, all around their 30's.

I'm the same. Planned to have a full team of them, got them all to level 30 and just wasn't bothered anymore. :o

Just got the 16th gym badge.

Feraligatr - Lvl 62
    Snorlax - Lvl 51
    Pikachu - lvl 34 (currently levelling up with the EXP share)
    Ho-oh - Lvl 70
    Magmar - Lvl 45
    (other as revive/HM slave)

Now that I have the 16th badge, going to try and get Mewtwo. Then once I've levelled everyone up a good bit, take on the Elite 4 a few times to level up further, and take on Big Red.

Although, I'm thinking of trying to get a Polywhirl or something, in order to have a bit of a fighting pokemon with me. I have a Lvl 40 Poliwag I caught fishing. Should I train it up and maybe replace Magmar?

• Advertisement

I'm starting a new Heart Gold (it will be nice to have a break from the Pokeathlon in Soul Silver!) and here's what I have so far:

Female Spinarak (Spyder) - level 7
    Female Metapod (Flutter) - level 7
    Female Silcoon (Flitter) - level 7
    Male Krabby (Fiddler) - level 6
    Male Burmy (Lepi) - level 3
    Female Combee egg.

Go, go, Team Arthropod!

I figure that a team of mostly bugs will be pretty challenging, especially with the first gym being Flying type.
    I would have gone for all six being bug type but I wanted a surfer on my team, so a Krabby will have to do. With crabs being arthropods like the rest of the team (or at least the animals that they're based off) it still fits the theme.

That first gym is going to be a nightmare :)
    Having said that I've always thought the games should give you a bonus for having a Gym-Leader-esque themed team or a penalty for not having one to give those poor buggers a fighting chance against challengers. Good luck!

How do you know the Combee egg is female? Did you save and then hatch it before trading it over just to be sure or did you RNG Reporter it? Tried RNG'ing a shiney Carvanha the other day, went great except the hatched egg wasn't shiney, had the wrong gender, the wrong nature and even the move set didn't work out the way I'd planned...

That first gym is going to be a nightmare :)

I'm probably going to grind up as high as I can (going to aim for somewhere between 15 and 20) before I go and try to fight Falkner. At least when I have a Mothim, Butterfree and Beautifly their secondary flying type should help.
    Good Luck!

Thanks. I'll need it :)
    Did you save and then hatch it before trading it over just to be sure or did you RNG Reporter it?

Yep, I saved before hatching her in my Platinum. I'm a bit fussy about the genders of my Pokemon (even when their gender doesn't really affect anything) so I always spend ages breeding for the right gender as well as natures and IVs before trading their eggs over.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but having a Flying secondary type doesn't mitigate any Flying damage - there's no same-as-type resistance for fliers.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but having a Flying secondary type doesn't mitigate any Flying damage - there's no same-as-type resistance for fliers.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that it would stop them from getting super-effective damage from Flying types. I'm not saying that they would resist the flying type just that it would negate their weakness to it.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that it would stop them from getting super-effective damage from Flying types. I'm not saying that they would resist the flying type just that it would negate their weakness to it.
    Bug/Flying still gets hit by Super Effective from Flying. Only things that resist Flying are Steel and Rock off the top of my head. I wish you all the best with that one SpookyMuffin!

Bug/Flying still gets hit by Super Effective from Flying. Only things that resist Flying are Steel and Rock off the top of my head. I wish you all the best with that one SpookyMuffin!

Ah, crap. Just more of a challenge I guess!

Ah, crap. Just more of a challenge I guess!
    Failing that you could try to get Combee to evolve and learn Power Gem at Level21, that would help you out a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

have most of my college work done, so im putting in some sneaky hours here and there.

Was about to start the light house place when i decided to go back and get some decent pokemon and train them up. I felt i was falling back on ponyta too often. Also wanted a bit of speed team this time around. I dont want to bring in too many pokemon from diamond. I want to have a new team of pokemon that ive never leveled up before so ive only brought in Aerodactyl. I wanna try him as a flying type as im tired or the same old same old when it comes to flying types. Also brought in a thunderstone to evolve eevee to jolteon so i can use it during and post game.

Ponyta Lvl 34 - pokewalker
    Chikorita lvl 29 - starter
    Staryu lvl 18 - pokewalker
    Aerodactyl lvl 24 - diamond
    Jolteon lvl 21 - ingame with thunder stone brought in
    Kangaskhan lvl 23 - pokewalker

Disappointed in chikorita. Its my first time using a grass starter and it really doesnt match my gme style. Staryu is very hard to level up so far. Very impressed with Kangaskhan. Hes my HM slave so far, Ive also taught him headbutt from the guy in the forest. Even though he may not be the fastest, with the fake out move, hes fitting in well

• Advertisement

I've just beat Misty in Kanto:

Azurill - lv. 37
    Togekiss - lv. 39
    Lugia - lv. 46
    Empoleon (aka the slave) - lv. 51
    Milotic - lv. 57
    Lucario - lv.62

I also have a Lv. 100 Rayquaza but he only comes out when I'm really stuck :P

Right, I haven't updated my Bulbapedia page, so I'll just list them here.

SoulSilver Let's Play - currently before taking on Viridian Gym
    Feraligatr (Gator) - Level 55 - Physical offense
    Ampharos (Amped) - Level 56 - Special offense/TW
    Crobat (Chris) - Level 54 - Mixed staller/annoyer
    Sudowoodo (Woody) - Level 55 - Physical offense
    Heracross (Cross) - Level 55 - Physical offense
    Entei - Level 55 - Mixed offense

HeartGold
    Quilava (Red Napalm) - Level 28
    Weepinbell (Jagerbomb) - Level 28
    Togetic (Flinch Hax) - Level 29 <- To be evolved into Togekiss
    Onix (Rocky) - Level 28 <- Yes, that's the in-game trade one
    Slowpoke (Matriarch) - Level 29 <- To be evolved into Slowking (Slowqueen, really...)

Can't catch Mewtwo. I can get its health down no problem, and I can even get it asleep/paralysed, but he just will not stay in that frigging ball. Nearly get my whole way through 50 Ultra Balls before he runs out of moves, uses Struggle, gets hit with recoil and dies. I've since found out Dusk Balls have a better chance of catching him, but really don't want to have to go through this f'ing cave again. Anyone got any tips?

Can't catch Mewtwo. I can get its health down no problem, and I can even get it asleep/paralysed, but he just will not stay in that frigging ball. Nearly get my whole way through 50 Ultra Balls before he runs out of moves, uses Struggle, gets hit with recoil and dies. I've since found out Dusk Balls have a better chance of catching him, but really don't want to have to go through this f'ing cave again. Anyone got any tips?

That is unfortunate! I actually managed to catch it yesterday on my third Ultra Ball, I had its life down to the last little blip and put it to sleep.
    There's nothing that you can do except keep trying and cross your fingers (or use a master ball).

If you whisper "Mewtwo Barney Magrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub" into the mic when he first appears, he goes shiney and falls asleep and can be caught in a Premier ball on your first go.

There's all sorts of rumours about shouting "gotcha" at the moment the ball closes and then rubbing the ball on the lower screen in a clockwise motion each time it wiggles. I've never found any of them made much difference though.

That is unfortunate! I actually managed to catch it yesterday on my third Ultra Ball, I had its life down to the last little blip and put it to sleep.
    There's nothing that you can do except keep trying and cross your fingers (or use a master ball).

Used my Master Ball on Raikou. Worst decision I've made in the game because catching Lvl 70 Ho-oh took a few turns too. Did it because I didn't have any thunder Pokemon but now I have a Lvl 43 Pikachu and caught a Lvl 45 Magnetron on the way down to Mewtwo. Whoops.

Yeah I guess I'll just have to keep going. I hate Struggle though. Thats what f'ed me up with Ho-Oh most times too. Ah well, just keep trying I suppose. Where can you buy Dusk Balls anyway? I'm pretty sure I checked the Goldenrod department store and the nearest Pokemart to the cave but neither had them

• Advertisement

If you whisper "Mewtwo Barney Magrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub" into the mic when he first appears, he goes shiney and falls asleep and can be caught in a Premier ball on your first go.

There's all sorts of rumours about shouting "gotcha" at the moment the ball closes and then rubbing the ball on the lower screen in a clockwise motion each time it wiggles. I've never found any of them made much difference though.

Yeah, I don't even have any faith in the "Hold A, B and Down as soon as the ball opens and let it go when it closes" thing. That'd be a real sh*tty move by the developers to programme that in. I just throw the ball and let whatever happens happen. I was just moreso wondering if it is best to put him to sleep, paralyse him, freeze him etc

That's what catch rate 3 does to a person... ^_^
    Where can you buy Dusk Balls anyway? I'm pretty sure I checked the Goldenrod department store and the nearest Pokemart to the cave but neither had them

I originally had no clue either, than I came across them in a stall at the Safari Zone Gate. Needless to say my wallet emptied in a damn hurry. <3 those x4's :)

EDIT: Johto: Goldenrod Department Store lottery (on Fridays), Safari Zone Gate (Woman with Butterfree), Blackthorn City Poké Mart, Frontier Access Poké Mart
    Kanto: Vermilion City Poké Mart, Lavender Town Poké Mart, Fuchsia City Poké Mart
    Pokéwalker: Scary Cave (4000+ Steps), Quiet Cave (2000+ Steps)

TheChrisD wrote: »
    That's what catch rate 3 does to a person... ^_^

I originally had no clue either, than I came across them in a stall at the Safari Zone Gate. Needless to say my wallet emptied in a damn hurry. <3 those x4's :)

EDIT: Johto: Goldenrod Department Store lottery (on Fridays), Safari Zone Gate (Woman with Butterfree), Blackthorn City Poké Mart, Frontier Access Poké Mart
    Kanto: Vermilion City Poké Mart, Lavender Town Poké Mart, Fuchsia City Poké Mart
    Pokéwalker: Scary Cave (4000+ Steps), Quiet Cave (2000+ Steps)

Catch Rate 3?

Either way, cheers for the info on the Dusk Balls. I'll try a few more times with the Ultra balls, and if not, I'll get some Dusk Balls and a few Repels, get through the cave a little easier second time round. Know where I'm going this time too so should be easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If the battle is going on long enough that he's run out of moves, then timer balls might be useful?

If the battle is going on long enough that he's run out of moves, then timer balls might be useful?

Thats the thing, I get his health down low enough to catch him, but I don't keep count of his moves (or know how many moves he has). Plus, bringing Ho-Oh out occasionally (high HP) means it costs him 2 PP to do a move. By the time I think I should use a Timer Ball, he's out of moves, uses Struggle and it knocks him out straight away

• Advertisement
Advertisement