Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro 2033

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Sounds like its gonna be what STALKER was....an uncompromising version of the FPS. Stuff like your gas mask failing or even been broken if hit in the face is great little touches that set it apart from the "1-Run, 2-Shoot, 3-Die, 4-Quick load, 5-Go to 1" mentality of most modern FPS games.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Sounds like its gonna be what STALKER was....an uncompromising version of the FPS. Stuff like your gas mask failing or even been broken if hit in the face is great little touches that set it apart from the "1-Run, 2-Shoot, 3-Die, 4-Quick load, 5-Go to 1" mentality of most modern FPS games.

Russian games are hit and miss, no doubting their ability to make pretty games but actually sustaining an engaging FPS seems to be a problem.

the 1234 is games catering for the COD generation, i miss 1 die game over, thank god for Arma 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

STALKER is pretty impressive as gameplay goes tho, and this is obviously using the same engine. In STALKER the AI are smart and very tough, they will lob a grenade at You if You stay in the one spot too long. Only headshots really damage AI, it takes lots of body shots so You gotta get good with Your weapon aim. You die an awful lot and headshots do kill, instantly. Its quite tactical.

This could be more of that, if it is it could be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I wasnt a fan of stalker, it felt too much like an RPG to me and I'm not the biggest fan of RPG's at all. I prefer linear story telling and it looks like this might be more my kind of thing, visually it looks really nice. Hopefully a sleeper hit FPS among the big boys like Bioshock and Bad Company 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

I think it will be good. It's a lot more linear than Stalker, with more set pieces, kinda like CoD but with a lot more depth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭daemon1

I hope it's alot more combat focused than the stalker games.

You can get through the stalker games with the same tactics, humans/zombies shoot head once or twice which is very easy as most stand still and can be picked off from a distance with one of the op'd snipers. Mutants shotgun and knife.

I agree with dreamers75 as I found during the last 30mins of S.O.C just wanting to be done with it. C.O.P well the ending just hits you with no warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭daemon1

woops
    Checked the first 2 pages before posting, that was on the third :P.

Advertisement