Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for a day/ night out in Dublin

Options
  • 12-02-2010 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi, hubby and I have an offer of babysitting next weekend for 24 hours of child free fun! Am thinking we might head into "town" as we rarely do that, living in the burbs and all.

We both love food, eating out and a nice glass of wine or 2. Also an afternoon pint or 2 in a nice bar with the paper wouldn't go amiss.

So as I am a mother of 2 toddlers and don't get out much, I'm looking for suggestions for a nice, relaxed itinerary for Saturday lunch, pints, maybe a wander around the shops or a gallery, and then dinner. Ideally city centre but south suburbs would work as well.

We love most types of food, especially Thai, Vietnamese, Indian, Mexican but aren't fussy as long as its quality and value for money!

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

OO!
    Afternoon pints reading the paper, I'd have to say Neary's. For a few glasses of wine and maybe a plate of charcuterie, downstairs in Fallon & Byrne.
    And for a nice meal with some good wine I'd say The Winding Stair. I've heard Pichet is good, but I've yet to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 heyho

Great suggestions, thanks! Nearys or McDaids are definite options.
    Was also thinking Dax either for lunch or dinner, anyone tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

heyho wrote: »
    Great suggestions, thanks! Nearys or McDaids are definite options.
    Was also thinking Dax either for lunch or dinner, anyone tried it?

This is another one on my list - I've heard it's really good. I'd defo look into it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 heyho

I suppose Pichet is a shorter stagger from Grafton street! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

I'm a big fan of Venu and they do great cocktails.

What about doing something 'touristy' if you haven't done it before - Book of Kells, one of the museums, Guinness brewery etc?

• Advertisement
Advertisement