If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price on multi room package

Options
  • 12-02-2010 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi i'd like to get price on multi room to cover 4 rooms thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

You might want to be a bit more specific? Budget, what exactly you want in each room, etc. What does multi-room mean to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash

Hey keithtuohy,

eddiem74 took the words out of my mouth. We do one system called the Streamium. Not sure if its what you're after. Have a quick look and let me know if this is the right route and then I can provide you with a quote.

http://www.philipsshop.ie/streamiumpage.htm

Thanks, Nicola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 keithtuohy

hi sorry i'm real novice when it comes to this. Building new house and i wanted to be able to play music in a few rooms in the house. not sure of cost maybe spend about 1500.Put cat5 cables in room where speakers are going. ceiling mounted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Keith.

We do a system made by Opus.

This works over CAT 5 from a central point to the room keypad and then uses speaker cable from the room keypad to the speakers. Most people use in-ceiling speakers.

This system is made up of :

Opus MCU300 - The brains of the system and what controls the sources and zones. This does 4 main zones and 4 sub zones. It requires 1 x PSU for the first 4 zones.
    Opus WCU330 - The keypad. This also passes infra red back from the keypad to the MCU300 and this controls the source. This means you can use a remote control in any room to control any source.
    Opus VSU300 - Optional video swicthing. This can be very useful if you want to add an ipos dock as this will allow you to see the source on a TV in the room as you control it.

This system allows multiple sources to be enjoyed in any zone at any volume.

This is the guts of the system but additional components can be added if your cabling permits them. Such as the Local Input Module.

If this is something that you like the look of, it's probably best that we discuss it as multiroom is very customiseable.

I hope this is of use and the Opus site is full of information, but if you want me to give you a call regarding this, PM your number to me.

ATB

Dave

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

keithtuohy wrote: »
    hi sorry i'm real novice when it comes to this. Building new house and i wanted to be able to play music in a few rooms in the house. not sure of cost maybe spend about 1500.Put cat5 cables in room where speakers are going. ceiling mounted.

Keith,

thanks for the posts - I look after all the multi room kit personally in both Richer & The Philips Shop.

We can do a full 4 zone CAT 5 wired system from Opus at just £1249.95 which includes a Central hub with 6 sources / 4 keypads / 4 pairs of Opus in-ceiling speakers / and the power supply - that's over 25% off normal retail!

If you wanted to add Video distribution then just add £169.95 and the system will also distribute all your video signals to the connected rooms.

This system is expandable to 4 zones & 4 sub zones (sub zones are great for rooms connected to main rooms ie en-suite bathrooms etc)

Keep me posted if this is interesting - we always keep this kit in stock so if you drop me a line we will do our best to assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 keithtuohy

thanks john for that is there anyway or anywhere i could get a wiring layout so i'd know what i'd need to do now with cat5 cables now just about to start to wire the house. Central hub wires to speakers keypads to central hub/to speakers? hope thats right maybe not
    thanks john it looks like what i,m lookin for,

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

keithtuohy wrote: »
    thanks john for that is there anyway or anywhere i could get a wiring layout so i'd know what i'd need to do now with cat5 cables now just about to start to wire the house. Central hub wires to speakers keypads to central hub/to speakers? hope thats right maybe not
    thanks john it looks like what i,m lookin for,

Keith,

thanks for the post - if you just drop me your contact number or email me - I'll get a reply with a wiring schematic to you that will cover most systems to allow you some flexibility.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 robg1400

SNIP

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

Your post above has been snipped. Please read the Stickey post at the top of the forum entitled "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING", in particular
    Please note that this forum is for interraction with Richersounds. References to other retailers are not appropriate here, other than if you're directly and genuinely asking for a price-match from Richersounds.

and

Notice to Retailers/Representatives/Employees:

If you are a retailer or a representative or employee of a retailer, please do not post offers etc. on this forum or use it to engage with potential customers. Activity of this kind will result in an immediate ban and potential further sanction at the discretion of the Administrators of Boards.

Ritz.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.