Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone To Darn A Sweater

Options
  • 12-02-2010 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

In connection with a new thread I just started, I came across a fairly expensive sweater in my wardrobe yesterday which has a few tiny holes in it but which would be as new with a touch of darning.

Does anyone know anybody in Cork who darns sweaters, etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

I can't be sure if they'd do it, but there's an excellent tailors in Daunt Square, I think in-between O'Briens coffee shop and the Gents posh clothing shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

The tailors should do it but another option, if it's your cup of tea, is a vintage clothes shop! Alot of them will do alterations on their own stock. Can't see them saying no to darning a nice sweater. Might be an idea plus it'll make them a bit of money too. There's a fantastic vintage shop on castle street. Really cool window display and some great bargains inside. They also make homemade jewellery and the staff are so nice in there!

Then again, a tailor is still the obvious and straight forward way to go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

I have done a bit of darning myself.If you got the wool I could have a go at it for you but seeing that is an expensive one the job I would do might not be professional enough for you

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll try a tailor and, failing that, I'll be on to you, Disco Biscuit. Have a needle and thread ready, just in case! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

The laundrette (Satelite something) on Castle Street do alterations! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭infamous

the zipyard on lavitts quay, do alterations and are very reasonably priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 John66irl

Hello,

I am looking for some in Ireland that can darn stocks. The stocks are mens black stocks. I do not wish to throw them out. I am based in Dublin and unable to find anyone.

If someone can help me, I would be much obliged

John66irl

Advertisement