Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW REGULAR TOURNAMENT POSSIBILITY! (See inside for details)

Options
  • 12-02-2010 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Edit: STREET FIGHTER 4 fags only :)

Ok, I was going to wait till I had my own ****ing user account back but it's nearly a month now and still no sign of it so **** it.

Basically. I'm in a position where I can put on tournaments in a Pub/Hotel in the city centre (Dublin) quite regularly. The pub and hotel are connected. The hotel is cheap also so people could stay over pretty easily and a deal for street fighter players might also be arranged if there's good interest in this.

Basically our mate owns both and they have a projector in the Bar and **** could be set up for us to basically get drunk and "paly teh Figahting gamz" all we want.

Because there's drink involved I was thinking there'd be no point doing it for anything more than a fiver each as it makes it a little more interesting without being too much.

There's also the possibility of perhaps doing a full scale tournament if they've confrence rooms but more screens would have to be sorted for that so that's on the long finger but anyway.

For now I'm looking to find out who would be interested so I can get an idea of numbers.

There's one catch, for the moment at least. It looks like the tournaments would be on a Sunday so people with obligations the following day who don't live near enough to the city centre to travel home afterwards may not be able to come. This also means the tourney would have to end by 11:30 closing time but to be fair we'd start early enough to get everything done by then.

Anyway feedback and Ideas is what I'm looking for so away you go.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

While I love the idea, Sunday is a truly awful day for me, specially if I am going to be heading out to Celbridge starting at 11.30 at night...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Another reason why being far from Dublin sucks. I'd be all for this if I lived nearby or something. Maybe in the future when I'm earning etc, easily get around and ****. My aunt recently moved to Dublin so staying over isn't a deal at all (but I think she's a way out)

But yeah all for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

il defo go, just to stare at the bartender though, shes SMOKIN !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Placebo wrote: »
    il defo go, just to stare at the bartender though, shes SMOKIN !!!!!!!

what he said

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

On a more serious note this sounds like a pretty good idea for a once off tounament, for example ive been thinking about doing an irish evolution qualifier in which the winner would receive a free ticket to america, doing it in a place like this sounds alright. However the xgc isn`t bad either since they supply everything we need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

chunkis wrote: »
    On a more serious note this sounds like a pretty good idea for a once off tounament, for example ive been thinking about doing an irish evolution qualifier in which the winner would receive a free ticket to america, doing it in a place like this sounds alright. However the xgc isn`t bad either since they supply everything we need.

Yeh XGC is good for the fact they've the screens and Xboxes. We'd have to bring Xboxes and some screens to set up this place if we were to do something big like an Evo-esque event.

What I was thinking at the moment is a simple one big screen tourney where we all just sit around drinking and watching the fights having a laugh ye know.

I would however like to do something bigger so I'll talk to the chap about conference rooms and screen use etc. Also moving it to another day would be handy and it also could be advertised to the masses for more people to come via Facebook or whatever and putting up posters in the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Shloer wrote: »
    it also could be advertised to the masses for more people to come via Facebook or whatever and putting up posters in the place.

Yes it could be advertised to the masses...WORLDWIDE

Nudge nudge ;);)

(note to self: boards needs a nudge smiley)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

While I love the idea, Sunday is a truly awful day for me, specially if I am going to be heading out to Celbridge starting at 11.30 at night...

you live in celbridge, man i hate the 67a i use to live there till moved out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sounds good to me. Especially considering all this smoking bartender talk.

HMUYA wrote: »
    Sounds good to me. Especially considering all this smoking bartender talk.

Farz is just referring to his girlfriend once again because she happens to work there.

This is one tournament he'll actually turn up to I bet :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Farz is just referring to his girlfriend once again because she happens to work there.

As long as she's easy on the eyes, I don't care whos girlfriend she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

This is fucking sweet man, I mean the prospect of something like this being regular enough , its another step forward for the community!

Gotta say nice one Ryan for sorting this and make sure your mate knows we appreciate it big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sounds quality, I'm pretty much there guaranteed if this goes forward.

I know they've a conference room and I'm gonna talk to him next time I'm in town to find out more with regards to using it and possibility of screens etc and special rates for "Faightarz" who want to get pissed, keep playing and just stay the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I'd definitely be in for this! But what will Farzads girl think when he loses his matches and she realises that he's shit?! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I hate Sundays, they really are shyte.

This would make them tolerable, I'd totally be up for this,

its in bia bar, its actually quite nice and atmosphere is quite chilled and soothing, projected fights would be good, not sure about confrence rooms, we should keep it at the bar first anyway, 3 euro hienkin pints also.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Im up for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

sounds like a plan.
    What prices are the rooms?

I could do with some streetfighter.. and since eircom decided to ruin my internet, i'm begining to hate it even more... :(

Also i like beer.

animaX wrote: »
    I'd definitely be in for this! But what will Farzads girl think when he loses his matches and she realises that he's shit?! :P

thanks for the concern terry, but its ok, il bow out in the semi-finals as per usual, thats good enough :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Farz has a girlfriend??

animaX wrote: »

...or when she figures out he's a she. :eek:

Needless to say I am game. Sunday is a bit **** but what can ye do.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Farz has a girlfriend??

It's actually just a mirror. They're very happy together ;)

Placebo wrote: »
    ...not sure about confrence rooms, we should keep it at the bar first anyway, 3 euro hienkin pints also.

Well using the Conference rooms would be for a different scale thing altogether without drink involved and for more "prestige" (Money) :D

The stuff in the bar can be a much less serious affair for less "prestige" and more drink.

Also i like beer

You're not Irish! :pac:

I would love to go to something like this, make it happen!!!111

You old enough to drink yet ramza?

This is so sweet though, our very own barfights! hehe

Sisko wrote: »
    You old enough to drink yet ramza?

This is so sweet though, our very own barfights! hehe

Yeah I'm almost 19.

• Advertisement

Coolaboola, I think cobelcog is our only member under 18 now then, that I know of anyway.

Advertisement