Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOD question......

Options
  • 12-02-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

I hope that i have this in the right place, seems to fit, MODS please move if its wrong.

My question is how exactly are the moderators chosen? Is it a selection process? Or does someone apply? Or are there specific procedures in place? Not that im throwing my name forward or that, more the question popped into my head and will drive me nuts without an answer :P

Tis just the curios nature of mine asking, feel free to ignore and bin if deemed appropriate.

Cheers,

Foxer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Typically, a Mod, CMod and Admin is chosen for their contribution to the community.

They usually demonstrate a (reasonably) clear head, know how to conduct themselves online (i.e. their posts aren't full of TXT SPK and LOL!!!!! ZOMG!!!! - you get the idea) and are knowledgeable in the subject area of a forum.

Typically, an outgoing mod would recommend a new mod to replace him/her. That would be reviewed by the CMods and the Admins and assuming there were no objections, Admins would make it happen.

Advertisement