Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts profiles/FS thread?

Options
  • 12-02-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Ok so just spitballing here. I know there is a link to everyone's adverts profile under their name and stuff, but wouldn't it be a lot easier to make a sticky thread of stuff users are currently selling? I know on NeoEmpire and SRK there is a separate thread, and I know it wouldn't be possible within the fighting games forum itself.

I'm pretty sure people here might have stuff for sale atmo/or in the future which other people of the fighting game forum would not know about or see unless they actually went and clicked their adverts page (which would be so tedious considering you'd need to go through everyone's page here on boards). Just saying. I know a logical response might be that if you are looking for something or selling something on adverts you're either going to sell or buy regardless.

Since the fighting games forums has a solid place of meet every week or so, this would also make it much more laid back and stuff and a lot easier since we know each other and stuff.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

AFAIR Boards doesn't like the forums being used for buying and selling stuff. I will need to investigate further.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Ah rly. It would just be way handier I know just from skimming across adverts I've seen a few ads from the lads here, would be handier to compile them all in one thread, and for people posting or looking for stuff related to games/consoles etc, or aything else

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

AFAIR Boards doesn't like the forums being used for buying and selling stuff. I will need to investigate further.

I think a few of the forums have their own trading areas. I know airsoft have their a forum for selling/ads and I think the retro has a trading/selling sticky.

Personally I don't think it's really necessary as often how people selling fghting game exclusive stuff.

Advertisement