Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help

Options
  • 12-02-2010 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Right so basically I haven't really studied all year my pres start tuesday 23rd Feb so i've got the mid-term to study.....

Thing is I can't study when I open a book I just switch off and give up. I am more into doing exam papers Is this a good way of studying?

The plan is to do around 3 hrs of studying a day 2 hrs in the morning then 1 in the evening , What is the best method of studying?

What is the best way of setting up a study timetable?
    I do 7 subjects:
    Irish ORD
    English ORD
    Maths ORD
    French ORD
    History ORD
    Geography Higher
    Home.Ec Higher

If someone could help I would appreciate it

:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I would probably do 3hrs together because you might do the 2hrs in the morning and then decide you couldn't be bothered to do the other hour. Spend 25 to 30 minutes on each subject with about small break in between. How you study is up to you but there is a basic timetable you could use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

This would depend on whether you want to get exceptional marks or just pass. If you just want to pass/get a C, do a educated guess on what might come up.

For example Geography, if you looked at the exam papers. Since the course has started(2006) in the physial section, "human interaction with """ processes" has appeared every year. (while human interaction with rocks came up 3 times) [Note I'm using very vague words as I forgot the correct wording). Even if you are aiming for high marks, you can start by learning those kind of questions first to motivate yourself as I find starting study the most difficult as it's hard to know where to start.

I too love doing exam papers. In my opinion, you could memorise the whole book and still not do well as the exam papers can ask you in a different style compared to the textbook. Plus you can get the answers instantly in the marking schemes :D.

Method of studying would depend on you. As I get sleepy when reading textbooks as well, I skim through the chapter I want to study (not absorbing the optimal amount of information but at least I don't fall asleep) then look for questions about it in the exam papers. I forgot who mentioned this (in another thread) but it's a nice idea to make a list of topics you want to study and then tick them off as you finish studying them (well) so you have a sense of accomplishment and continue being motivated.

Good luck! I need it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭furbey

I am more into doing exam papers Is this a good way of studying?

That is the best way to study.
    Did the leaving last year same as you had all these intentions for the mid term and they went straight out the window at the thought of reading a schoolbook.

I pulled off a desent amount of points (pure fluke) but for the last month spent 4 hours a day doing exam papers but i did hardly any subjects with essay style answers so it could be harder to do that for u.
    Anyway EXAM PAPERS and check your answers on examinations.ie.
    Don't leave it til the last month- extremely stressful to be failing everything a month before the leaving

Advertisement