Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zetor 6911 Idling Problem

• 12-02-2010 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

ive noticed that when this tractor is idling its uneven -she revs up than goes back down to normal rev and revs up again and continues at this....
    what might be causing this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Ford4000

Id check the diesel supply from tank to pump to make sure its running freely, is there a guaze filter just inside the inlet of the pump in them zetors? i dont know but this could be clogged abit, failing that id say the injector pump or lift pump are getting weak and need reconditioned its neither a big or expensive job to sort this, is it hard to start? If it is and u get your inj pump reconditioned you wont know er ! !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭kincaid

Easy started, just the idling problem started a 3-4 days ago and had it up for sale. cant sell it now till i get what causing this sorted...
    when i give it a good bit of trottle rev its ok its just when it is idle..
    i hope its not the injector pump

I could nearly guarantee its the pump dont panic itsnot a major issue and easy sorted, my ford was similar it would let a wee rev without the throttle been touched.

i know there was a guaze filter in them ford ie the 4000 which jams up with dirt and eventually it wouldnt start and most people didnt know about this filter and though it was the pump that packed in, once cleaned it was fine, would it be the same with these zetors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

don't know the injector pump of the zetor but sounds like the governor in the injector pump, as mentioned check all filters before you go dismantling

• Advertisement

Ok it’s a fairly big lump of injector pump but not sure where the filter gauze would be on these or where to look.
    I pumped it manually all its working ok there...
    These have the little button on them that you press in to start them if anyone familiar with them

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Is this what it's supposed to sound like?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1ThSi1wbqU

kincaid wrote: »
    Ok it’s a fairly big lump of injector pump but not sure where the filter gauze would be on these or where to look.
    I pumped it manually all its working ok there...
    These have the little button on them that you press in to start them if anyone familiar with them

Thanks

The guaze would be just inside the pump where the diesel pipe comes from the tank,

ok seems to be 2 pipes going tank to pump
    i took the bottom one off thats goes to the side of pump and directly below is the glass bowl and a flat type filter in it,
    the other one is on top of pump and runs to very top of tank and another hose then going to the injectors on top but would have to remove the side panels etc to get in at it

Where the one goes in at the side is there a bigger nut type thing between the pump and where the pipe screws in if that makes any sense??

• Advertisement

hi

its seems clean that so maybe the pump itself that wrong - suppose il have to bleed this now

If alls clean then it would point to a weakness in the pump, a spring or the governer or something

What approx would it cost to fix, dont want to be ripped off

All depends on whats wrong but 200 euro would be plenty id say 300 maybe but thats prices up here

Advertisement