Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile accessories for the hard of hearing?

• 12-02-2010 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Hey all, just wondering if someone could fill me in on a few questions I have.

Basically, I am looking for a phone to suit my father, he has quite bad hearing(deaf in one ear and difficult hearing in the other) and uses a hearing aid full-time.

I was wondering if it was possible for him to be able to use a mobile without loudspeaker enabled (using some sort of headset/ loop device hooked up to the hearing aid?). I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to stuff like this.

I could have asked 'google' but I thought it would be better for people with knowledge/ expericence of this stuff to give me advice, on prices, where to buy etc.

Any suggestions at all much obliged!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

donmeister wrote: »
    Hey all, just wondering if someone could fill me in on a few questions I have.

Basically, I am looking for a phone to suit my father, he has quite bad hearing(deaf in one ear and difficult hearing in the other) and uses a hearing aid full-time.

I was wondering if it was possible for him to be able to use a mobile without loudspeaker enabled (using some sort of headset/ loop device hooked up to the hearing aid?). I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to stuff like this.

I could have asked 'google' but I thought it would be better for people with knowledge/ expericence of this stuff to give me advice, on prices, where to buy etc.

Any suggestions at all much obliged!

http://www.rnid.org.uk/shop/

You can use this site to find stuff, but it may be worth googling around to try to find the stuff cheaper.

Advertisement